Custom Wire Loom Brackets

Kid Vette

Master-Baiter
I've never cared for any of the wire looms that I've seen. Most seemed to be designed more for looks than functionality. I finally decided to make some brackets to use with some MSD looms. Here's a pic of what I came up with.

thum_534973a2557a9b6.jpg

I WEDMed them from some aluminum angle stock. I'm waiting for a warmup here before install them.

Very nice- is there only going to be two of those separators on each side? or will you be using another 4 wire loom to keep them separated by the distributor?
Looks like a real clean setup

Nice. I'll have to get some pictures, I used Made 4 You looms. However, I used the horizontal set, and mounted them vertically, using custom black, matching aluminum spacers to keep them in place.

I agree with you, there's little really functional looms.

Those are nice! I bought 4 sets of taylor looms, turned out they are cheapo plastic and cheezy brackets. Yours are so much nicer :)

Nice. I'll have to get some pictures, I used Made 4 You looms. However, I used the horizontal set, and mounted them vertically, using custom black, matching aluminum spacers to keep them in place.

I agree with you, there's little really functional looms.

About 11 years ago when first putting headers on this car, instead of the rams horn, I had the old standby Moroso wire clips...then have managed to retain them even to the use with center bolt covers....I had to cut/trim the brackets, obviously...but they work fine....course as you all know, I"M not a show car....

:crap:

Mine are quite functional. I don't have headers and I modified these ones to suit what I wanted:
plugwirebrackets.jpg

With the brackets in place I measured and made up the leads. They're nice and snug and don't touch the exhaust anywhere...
354974747de93d4.jpg

Do you have a shot showing the wires connecting to the spark plugs? I can't understand how you're routing the wire over the exhaust manifold without touching them.

Last edited:
Mine are quite functional. I don't have headers and I modified these ones to suit what I wanted:
plugwirebrackets.jpg

With the brackets in place I measured and made up the leads. They're nice and snug and don't touch the exhaust anywhere...
354974747de93d4.jpg

DAMN Wayne, that thing looks like a Bird of Paradise or something....

:fishing::eek::hunter:

Do you have a shot showing the wires connecting to the spark plugs? I can't understand how you're routing the wire over the exhaust manifold without touching them.
Sorry mate, I don't have a real clear pic at the moment. You can see a little bit clearer in this pic:
354974bd2cc2c50.jpg

I'll go out and take a couple of better pics when I get home from work tomorrow :thumbs:

Actually, the 2 looms posted here are good examples of looks over function, IMO. No offense to the people posting them. Its your car you can do whatever you want. But both examples have the wires right next to, if not touching the exhaust manifold/header. I'm guessing they weren't cheap either. Like I said, whatever floats your boat but to me something can't look good if it isn't performing its function as well as it could.

:drink:

Actually, the 2 looms posted here are good examples of looks over function, IMO. No offense to the people posting them. Its your car you can do whatever you want. But both examples have the wires right next to, if not touching the exhaust manifold/header. I'm guessing they weren't cheap either. Like I said, whatever floats your boat but to me something can't look good if it isn't performing its function as well as it could.

:drink:
I don't really follow you mate. I wanted a combination of looks and functionality and I know mine are close to the exhaust manifold but I was happy that they didn't touch anywhere. How else could I have run the plug leads?

I have the same set up as godale3 and saudi,i have no wires touching the headers anywhere,mine are the ZOOP's they are pricey but they work.

Scuse the dust :amused:

Here's a quick shot I took this arvo. You can pretty well see that none of the plug leads touch the manifold. You'll have to take my word for it, but the angled caps sit nicely under the manifold, on the plugs, without touching there either.
354975f9154769c.jpg

Here's a quick shot I took this arvo. You can pretty well see that none of the plug leads touch the manifold. You'll have to take my word for it, but the angled caps sit nicely under the manifold, on the plugs, without touching there either.
354975f9154769c.jpg
Thanks for the pics and I see that they don't make contact with the manifold. I would imagine they still get really hot sitting that close to the manifold. If I was running stock manifolds, I guess I would probably route the wires from underneath like they did from the factory.

Here's a pic of the looms I'm running now. They're pretty chintzy, but they do at least keep the wires as far as possible from the headers.

thum_5349050f3222168.jpg

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much anymore. The new wires seem to hold up much better than they did back in the day.

354975f9154769c.jpg
Thanks for the pics and I see that they don't make contact with the manifold. I would imagine they still get really hot sitting that close to the manifold. If I was running stock manifolds, I guess I would probably route the wires from underneath like they did from the factory.

Here's a pic of the looms I'm running now. They're pretty chintzy, but they do at least keep the wires as far as possible from the headers.

thum_5349050f3222168.jpg

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much anymore. The new wires seem to hold up much better than they did back in the day.
I dunno how hot they'll get. Hehe, the set that were on it when I bought it were draped over the engine and manifolds like a dead octopus. Some of the leads were long enough to almost wrap around the carb and then go to the plug!

I'll keep a check on mine for signs of heat damage though :thumbs: