Rear window trim - painted black

MYBAD79

One of this weekend's projects: I painted the stainless rear window trim black..... the stainless was all scratched up and dull so I thought semi gloss black would look better....

21497282a3b3317.jpg

yup... I'm very happy with black.... way better than scratched stainless.... :smash:

21497282a4a6e30.jpg

Looks good!

Don't you ever take a break? Your painting trim, rebuilding brake calipers and trailing arms.....oh and restoring another ride for the wife.....

Masked the trim last night, degreased and sanded today at 7AM.... painted with rattle can self etching primer and two coats semi gloss black... was done by 11AM..... incl. breaks for coffee.... :smash:

did mine the same way.

i did my rockers also, along with all the other chrome trip, everything is black except the t top trim

Yup... I think the chrome/polished stuff looks better on a chrome bumper.... low gloss black is a better match for our rubber bumper cars.... :D

How's the new spring with the Bilstein shocks ??

its awsome! i left the rear a bit high, alot of people on the other forum dont like it. i kinda like it but the more i look at it the more it looks an inch too high.. but eh.. ill get to that later.. i like the dragster kinda stance.. probobly will lower the rear a little tho..
Jan16_0003.jpg

wrapped the exhaust too.. painted it black

Jan16_0004.jpg

ps.. where can i get one of those vettemod stickers?

When I had my 78 I used the "satin black" paint on the window trim and rocker panels just like you all seem to have done. It looked SOOOOOO much better than the scratched up stainless. (How does it get all scratched up on that rear area anyway?).

MyBad79 your masking technique looks quite familiar. And that color looks quite familiar. I had my 78 painted Bridgehampton Blue to replace that robin egg krap blue that it was originally (oh my GOD, I just admitted to painting a non-original color (AGAIN ! ! !)).

Keep up the good work guys.

Rich:beer:

YIP did the trim and rocker panels on my 78 last summer,a couple coats of self etching primer,and a couple coats of flat black,looks so much better now,posted some pics on here some where.

ps.. where can i get one of those vettemod stickers?

Yes, where?

I had that printed at some online print shop, just one to see how it turns out.... that place couldn't print on transparent vinyl so I chose white background and cut the letters out myself... there are quiet a few businesses that can print this from a file that you email them or upload...

Looks great! I do mine every 2 years, along with the front windshield trim and the rocker panel trim...... It just freshens them up.

I don't know what the other guy's steps or procedures they use,but after i get every thing masked off i use a scotch bright pad to clean and lightly scuff up the trim,then wipe then down and paint. The rocker panels i take off the car and prep the same way.

I don't know what the other guy's steps or procedures they use,but after i get every thing masked off i use a scotch bright pad to clean and lightly scuff up the trim,then wipe then down and paint. The rocker panels i take off the car and prep the same way.
Ok Thanks, sound pretty simple.