Harley forums?

JPhil

Huh?
Anybody have any recommendations for good Harley-Davidson forums I can look at?
Something along the lines of VetteMOD....I've looked at a few, they seem to be either "Which fuel management system will give my '09 FLXTCQRSTUV another 75 horsepower?" or only get one post a week. Or both.
I need sensible intelligent info about older bikes, in particular my newly aquired '71 FLH.
I have my "old" knowledge about them (& milk crates full of manuals), but haven't kept up with parts suppliers & tech & quality & such...

Thanks,

John

Shark is right- Every H-D forum I've been to is all about how much chrome they can hang. Start looking for info on a Pan or Shovel and you'll get a blank look. Or watch everyone complain about how their dealer hosed them.

Shark is right- Every H-D forum I've been to is all about how much chrome they can hang. Start looking for info on a Pan or Shovel and you'll get a blank look. Or watch everyone complain about how their dealer hosed them.

Pan Heads. Yep, that is good place to start. Not many of us left.:cry:

Pan Heads were great when I had hair but now..............:pprrtt:

yea,, I now have electric start, foot shifter, hand clutch and rear springs,, first time in since 1974. Grown fond of the push button starter,,, Forums for harleys,, shit,, one look around at Daytona Bike Week, that's enough to keep me off the forums. I just hang at the old club house. Still a few of us left to figure this new stuff out...lol

yea,, I now have electric start, foot shifter, hand clutch and rear springs,, first time in since 1974. Grown fond of the push button starter,,, Forums for harleys,, shit,, one look around at Daytona Bike Week, that's enough to keep me off the forums. I just hang at the old club house. Still a few of us left to figure this new stuff out...lol

HUMM...sounds like corvettes.....:surrender:

PANHEADS SUCK :stirpot: :lol: every pan I ever owned ended up as a a pan-shovel :banghead: PAN-SHOVELS RULE! This is only the second cone-shovel I ever owned, I sold the first to get $$$$ to spend a long season riding the Duo-Glide around the west. I will admit that cone shovel (a 76 'Liberty Edition') was very a good bike. I put it in a 53 frame with a 47 springer and a teardrop tank. I still know the guy I sold it to who still rides it today. Cone bikes are a bit too close to Evos for me, but, this is what I got now and I rode many a mile next to it before: it's a bike with good heart. Just as any cared-for Panhead is :thumbs:. Them dam panhead rocker shaft blocks just can't deal with sustained hi-speed (American West) highway traveling like a shovel rocker shaft can....But I feel a much stronger kinship with knuckles & pans than I ever will with any evo. :loveletter:

see no evo
hear no evo
ride no evo

:lol:

I'm lucky up here in the mountains,, closest interstate is 40 miles away, all two lane winding roads. So the pans, knuckles and Fheads would last. Your right about sustain high speeds on the older bikes,, cant stand the heat,, cracks the heads on a pan right between the valves. Lost a number of rockers arms, stuck valves, on the pans from lack of oil.

http://www.floheadworks.com/Products/Top End Oiler Kit.htm

I did ride my 41 WLA F head to Myrtle Beach a few time, took back roads. only trouble was a cooked primary chain,, lol didnt have enough leakage to keep it oiled. Bought a oiler can to get home with..

Last edited: