wish i could fire this guy over this. <grrr>

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
i hired a guy a while back to work with me. we have a shop (about 4000sqft) but since most of our work is mobile, we have a bunch of room. i have a corner of our shop i keep my little projects, like my '73 240z i'm rebuilding.
well a few months back, mrs 'dust and i took a little vacation. i made up a work plan for "bob" with a bunch of jobs to do. then i made a fateful mistake.
i said, "if you finish all those jobs, try and organize and clean up the shop".
what he heard was, "when you get a chance, go through my little corner, f**k with all my stuff and throw away or misplace half my shit."
now i'm in the process of putting the engine back together and all the bolts are gone. i can't wait to figure out what else is going to come up missing. :cussing:
i swear i wish i could fire him for something like this. i just don't understand how this ever made sense to him, but then again, he isn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer.

OH man, you gotta be kidding.....

I would go crazy about that shit....

enough with helping friends over here with their cars/boats/shit...never do anyone stick shit back where it belongs...they cant tell 3/8 from 1/2 sockets....

much less torx from hex.....I give the hell UP already....the only mechanical inclined buddy I have in this town is my welder across the river....you know, on those nice high speed blasts when I can get the car to rolling...

i hired a guy a while back to work with me. we have a shop (about 4000sqft) but since most of our work is mobile, we have a bunch of room. i have a corner of our shop i keep my little projects, like my '73 240z i'm rebuilding.
well a few months back, mrs 'dust and i took a little vacation. i made up a work plan for "bob" with a bunch of jobs to do. then i made a fateful mistake.
what he heard was, "when you get a chance, go through my little corner, f**k with all my stuff and throw away or misplace half my shit."
now i'm in the process of putting the engine back together and all the bolts are gone. i can't wait to figure out what else is going to come up missing. :cussing:
i swear i wish i could fire him for something like this. i just don't understand how this ever made sense to him, but then again, he isn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer.

In Florida you do not legally have to give a reason at all. Just say "Go home and never come back", but then here we are really glad if someone just shows up. :rain:

In Florida you do not legally have to give a reason at all. Just say "Go home and never come back", but then here we are really glad if someone just shows up. :rain:

Yeh, If they speak english....

well, American anyway....:bonkers:

Why would you fire a guy over a fateful mistake that you made?

Now that I think of it....I'd probably wanna beat the crap outta the bastard..........

Last edited:
Years ago I had a renter at home on an acreage I had. He decided he was going clean up around the place. I had some original Model "A" fenders that had been in a fender bender and replaced. They were pristine and easily fixable. I never dreamed that I would have to mention them to him. They even had nice bright yellow paint on them. Of course out they went. Pissed me off. Can't anticipate stupid.

here in NV, we can hire/fire with no cause. so technically, i could. but i just think that would be bad form on my part. besides, the guy does enough stuff with work to warrant a good talking-to (which happened today, again).
the guy is pretty good mechanically but i just can't for the life of me figure out how his brain works. plus, he has about zero initiative.

here in NV, we can hire/fire with no cause. so technically, i could. but i just think that would be bad form on my part. besides, the guy does enough stuff with work to warrant a good talking-to (which happened today, again).
the guy is pretty good mechanically but i just can't for the life of me figure out how his brain works. plus, he has about zero initiative.

Considering what happened, maybe that's a GOOD thing.....eh??:tomato::bonkers:

plus, he has about zero initiative.

That's reason enough right there.

I fired a guy for that exact reason. Every 20 minutes he was coming to me saying:
OK, I got that done. What should I do now?

I swear, if I had said... "go back to your desk and watch the clock for 6 hours" he would have done it!

Instead of killing him, I fired him.

Last edited:
well its tough to punish initiative, even if it is stupid initiative......i guess there has to be boundaries that you set up about whats common use and whats yours personally and then charge him for a complete nut and bolt set for the engine

Last week, I was selected with a few other guys, to put together a little training course to train the "customer" how to correctly fit V-band clamps. Just in case you don't know what a V-band clamp is, they're used to join to ECS pipes in aircraft, or on a turbo or even car exhausts.

Back in August, one the squadrons had an engine change and they messed up fitting a clamp on the engine bleed air system - VERY hot air. The aircraft managed to get airborne and then the sky fell in for the pilot - the warning panel lit up like a Christmas tree and if they hadn't still been within visual of the runway, they would have punched out. At this stage, they want to fix the aircraft but I think it will cat5'd - HUGE amounts of heat damage.

So, tomorrow we start training the customer. Easy days for me for a few weeks but they seriously are as dumb as dogshit...

i still owe you shit, wayne. P/M me (again) with your addy. it WILL go out in the next week.
Hey mate, how's the ankle now? I can't believe you kept that all this time, I thought you would have turfed it long ago :lol:

Thanks for the thought, but don't worry about it mate - I've decided not to fit one... :thumbs:

Last week, I was selected with a few other guys, to put together a little training course to train the "customer" how to correctly fit V-band clamps. Just in case you don't know what a V-band clamp is, they're used to join to ECS pipes in aircraft, or on a turbo or even car exhausts.

Back in August, one the squadrons had an engine change and they messed up fitting a clamp on the engine bleed air system - VERY hot air. The aircraft managed to get airborne and then the sky fell in for the pilot - the warning panel lit up like a Christmas tree and if they hadn't still been within visual of the runway, they would have punched out. At this stage, they want to fix the aircraft but I think it will cat5'd - HUGE amounts of heat damage.

So, tomorrow we start training the customer. Easy days for me for a few weeks but they seriously are as dumb as dogshit...

I don't think anyones customers are on the same level as ours.

"What type of vehicle do you have"
Answer "Blue".

"No, sir what type or model do you have"?
Answer "Blue with white top".

:suicide:

Answer "Blue".

:suicide:

and round tires......................

Answer "Blue".

:suicide:[/quote]

You are WAAAAYY too kind.

What type of vehicle do you have?
Answer "it's outside"

Does it have seven or six lug wheels?
Answer "how would I know that?

Gotta love it.

Rich:drink: