Pulled RamJet's Tremec today

Bullshark

Damn, I love my removable cross member. Took just about 2 hours for the complete extraction including transmission, scattershield, and clutch. The throwout bearing shot craps and Keisler made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I developed a leak between the tail and main transmission housing. I also had the old larger quick release output yoke, so Keisler offered to completely checkout the transmission, fix the leak and provide me the newer 1310 smaller yoke and drive shaft that will address my tunnel clearance issue......free of cost including shipping. Not only that, but update the shifter linkage to the latest design. The tranny is over 4 years old.:thumbs:. Those guys are tops in my book.:1st:

Bullshark

Damn, I love my removable cross member. Took just about 2 hours for the complete extraction including transmission, scattershield, and clutch. The throwout bearing shot craps and Keisler made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I developed a leak between the tail and main transmission housing. I also had the old larger quick release output yoke, so Keisler offered to completely checkout the transmission, fix the leak and provide me the newer 1310 smaller yoke and drive shaft that will address my tunnel clearance issue......free of cost including shipping. Not only that, but update the shifter linkage to the latest design. The tranny is over 4 years old.:thumbs:. Those guys are tops in my book.:1st:

Bullshark

Keisler needs to do this (and more) to offset some VERY negative feedback posted on another forum by a C3 owner.

Bullshark

Keisler needs to do this (and more) to offset some VERY negative feedback posted on another forum by a C3 owner.

I don't know what else they could do? My every concern has been met with positive response......"just tell me what I need to do to make it right" I was one of the early guys so being an engineer, I can relate to the challenges of bringing a product to market. Problem is, some of these guys who can't tell which end of the screwdriver to use, are way over their head, and their only recourse is to bad mouth the supplier. I have had bad experiences with suppliers and believe me, they could easiliy take the low road and tell you to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Bullshark

This was enough to put ME off of doing business with Keisler....plus I have read some other rumblings, not quite as serious as this.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11449&highlight=Keisler

Had to search through 5 years of posts to find that?:bonkers: I didn't see a response from Keisler, so only 1 side has been heard. BTW, I have another Keisler on the way for a customers 'Vette. So far, all of their kits have been complete and trouble-free, excepting a wrong driveshaft and trans mount on 1 kit.

Last edited:
This was enough to put ME off of doing business with Keisler....plus I have read some other rumblings, not quite as serious as this.

Guess that's your choice. After reading your referenced post, It sounds to me like he is someone who fits my earlier screwdriver profile :bonkers:
Your loss, my gain.

BTW, I got my TKO 500 back completely serviced with new shift linkage in about 1 1/2 weeks. Plan to install it this weekend

Bullshark

Last edited:
They were great to deal with when I did the conversion. I bought the TKO at the same time my short block was built in SoCal... they shipped the flywheel to the shop so it could be balanced with the rotating assembly, many other suppliers would not have cared and would have shipped it to me so I can then pay again for shipping it across the US.
Tech support during the install was good too. Many other companies don't care after the sale - once you paid the bill you're on your own...

What's not so great:
- offset dowels for bellhousing alignment should be included in three sizes, I'm sure they would take those that are not needed back
- a fixture to attach a dial indicator should be included to attach the indicator to the crank. Not everybody can make his own.
- missing parts. They ship fast and they'll send you the replacement part at no charge but if you're missing something on a Saturday morning you're done for the weekend....inventory all parts when you receive the boxes...

Overall the kit is awesome, best mod I've done to the '79.

I'd like to see Keisler's response (or their side of the story) to the other thread - that customer sure wasn't too happy.

Had to search through 5 years of posts to find that?:bonkers: I didn't see a response from Keisler, so only 1 side has been heard. BTW, I have another Keisler on the way for a customers 'Vette. So far, all of their kits have been complete and trouble-free, excepting a wrong driveshaft and trans mount on 1 kit.

I didn't search for it, it was there in my face, I was unaware it was such an old post. HOWEVER it was pretty impressive that a guy could be treated so poorly and by the owner of the company at that. From what most of you say about Keisler now it seems they have improved their customer service dramatically.