Painted, pics :D

enkeivette

n19912599_32419755_8802.jpg

Check out more pics:
http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074

I did the trim and rocker panels in gloss black and clear coat. Git tired of the 1K paint fading every year. Also, tinted my tail lights and sidemarkers with candy black.

Looks antracite to me, I love that color, especially this pic. That 73 bumper looks greally good!!

n19912599_32419756_9143.jpg

That's simply awesome. Great color choice :yahoo:

Doesn't it feel great when all the hard work finally gets rewarded ?

:thumbs:

the taillights look pretty good too :)

n19912599_32419757_9497.jpg

Last edited:
Look's great man,car turned out very nice. I will be shooting my paint real soon and i hope it comes out that nice :1st:

Looks antracite to me, I love that color, especially this pic. That 73 bumper looks greally good!!

The color is House of Kolors PBC43 (Black Pearl) shot over a black base coat as opposed to the recommended white. it looks black at certain angles. When parked on the street, the doors and tops look black, while the fenders look metallic charcoal. I'm so happy with the color.

The color is House of Kolors PBC43 (Black Pearl) shot over a black base coat as opposed to the recommended white. it looks black at certain angles. When parked on the street, the doors and tops look black, while the fenders look metallic charcoal. I'm so happy with the color.

You ought to be jazzed; the car looks great.

Looks really good Adam. It turned out well. I am sure your proud.
Now, I suppose you now KNOW why a good paint job is $8,000 and up,huh?

hmmm... the more I look at your photos the less I like my paint.... :bonkers:

Haha, if you had spent $1K in HOK paint you'd have the same shimmer. You did a great job spraying. You can always sand the car down with 800 grit using the blue as a base and shoot a nice candy or pearl over it, then reclear. :waxer:

shadow-kandy-blue-001.jpg

I really wanted to try (and almost did) a black candy over a blue base. Would be impossible to shoot, but so cool if done right. It would like black at an angle or in the shade but have hints of tinted blue on the fenders and curves in the sun. :evil:

Bird, yes I do. While I was at the booth, this one dude was spending $21K on his Camaro.