Hood pins installed. What'cha think?

BlackRat

The camera battery died before I could take pictures of the perch but essentially I removed the old hood loccking perches. The drivers side was easy to install. I just marked the hood and drilled down. The power booster attachment kickout was high enough that I had plenty of adjustment.

The passenger side took some playing with because it sat 2" lower than the area where the drivers side mounted. I came up through the wiper well with some 1\2 -20 threaded rod and then used a threaded shank nut on top . I screwed the pin tower into that and had plenty of adjust ment.

I wanted to get this done before paint so if I screwed up it could be easily fixed.

Wade

hp2.jpg

hp1.jpg

Looks like you a black and white rat now....cats and dawgs all over my street are the same colors.....

I maybe yet do something like that instead of the hinges on my cowling end....lt would simplify the engine compartment not having a hood at all on there at times....but then I"d have to figger out what to DO with it....

:bonkers:

Thanks guys!!! I think they look cool!! yeah I plan on putting teathers on the pins. I had an old Nova in HS that I had pins and no teathers on them and if I wasn't losing them I was forgetting to put them in and the next thing I knew the hood would set sail like a kite. Luckily I am only holding the hood down with these and the front is still anchored to the hinges.

Wade