Fuel filter recommendation

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Looking for an inline fuel filter with threaded/flared ends. I've been running an AC fuel filter for years, using rubber hose and clamps, with no leaks or problems, but I'd like to get away from using rubber hose (and go with all metal lines). Anybody got any filter part numbers that match this description?

thanks,
Mike

What's it for? I have a set of instructions to make your own line with a metal filter for a gen 1/2 sb with a carb.

I bought one of Summit's inline filters with -6 AN ends, seems to work fine, advertized to filter 40 microns with reuseable stainless mesh..... SUM-230100 or SUM-230104, red, -6AN or -8AN

$28.95

That's the filter I'm using. I bent 3/8 brake tube and did all AN flares except for the fuel pump connection. No rubber on the pressure side of the pump. As soon as I figure out how to run hard line from the frame to the pump that rubber is gone too.

Looks good! What's the brand and part number there?
AC Delco GF481. It does use O ring style fittings but you can buy 18" sections of fuel "repair lines" from your FLAPS with the proper O ring flair on one end. I have some instructions to make the line, with pics. PM me you email address and I will send it to you. It is too big a file to attach to a post.

Tom

Looking for an inline fuel filter with threaded/flared ends. I've been running an AC fuel filter for years, using rubber hose and clamps, with no leaks or problems, but I'd like to get away from using rubber hose (and go with all metal lines). Anybody got any filter part numbers that match this description?

thanks,
Mike

I'm using much the same thing:
ear-230106erl_w.jpg

Part Number: EAR-230106ERL
Fuel Filter Style: Inline
Inlet Quantity: Single
Inlet Size: -6 AN
Inlet Attachment: Male threads
Outlet Quantity: Single
Outlet Size: -6 AN
Outlet Attachment: Male threads
Filter Element Included: Yes
Filter Element Material: Sintered bronze
Filter Housing Material: Aluminum
Filter Housing Finish: Blue anodized
Overall Length (in): 3.840 in.
Mounting Bracket Included: No
Fittings Included: No
Clamps Included: No
Smallest Particle Filtered: 35 microns

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EAR-230106ERL&N=700+115&autoview=sku

...As soon as I figure out how to run hard line from the frame to the pump that rubber is gone too.
How about braided? That's what I've done...

I've used that earls one, the small edelbrock (former russel) one, the small and large summit ones, the aeromotive ones and the huge SX ones. They all work just fine.

Another filter to consider is the fram HPG-1.