Body Resurrection

elevatordude

Ok here's what I started with a 69 coupe in the pics it looks ok but believe me it was a mess. The flares were home made badly I might add.The front flares were rounded like an Opel and the rear were sticking out on a angle. I don't have good pics of them.
Ashleyspictures006.jpg

Ashleyspictures016.jpg

The hood had L88 hood scoop grafted on but also leaving a portion of the stock hood there.
Vette030.jpg

The coworker I bought the car from said "you can't change the flares and the hood" Well all I can say is his wishes were not granted. The car sat in his garage for 16 years and the only thing that was done was the A arms and a really bad paint job.
I had the car stored at my girlfriends house (mine didn't have a garage) a year later I bought a house with a 2 car garage and here we are.

I never did body work on a vette so I proceed very slowly I removed the fenders in small pieces to find the bonding points.
Ashleyspictures002.jpg

The lower valance was not centered so that came off and replaced.

corvette007.jpg

The sugar scoop head lights were removed too as you can see.

That's all for now I need to get pics of the new fenders bonded on.

Ray

Looks like you have your hands full with that one,are you going to buy new fenders for it,or try and fix the original ones??

Looks like you have your hands full with that one,are you going to buy new fenders for it,or try and fix the original ones??

All new fenders rear valence and front valence and seats!!!!!!:lol::lol:

scan0001.jpg

The finest crushed velvet

Last edited:
I bought all new pieces from vancor its all hand layed so its a little more time fitting but the price was good enough to offset that. I am going to try to make the hood work but if it doesn't I'm going to be buying a L88 long hood.

833496157af5f10f.jpg

beam my up there's no intelligent life here
s1591632339_15149_6078.jpg

glassing in the hole
s1591632339_15151_8247.jpg

Last edited:
The top of right front fender had a lot of bondo then paint then more bondo then resin and in the end absolutely nothing wrong with the top of fender.
Ashleyspictures010.jpg

The rear on the other hand had a section of a old fender still there under the on that was there.
Vette084.jpg

So, you still got a girlfriend or did she give you "The Ultimatum" and then roll her eyes & walk off in a huff?:hissyfit:

:D

(either way, :beer:)

John

Yep still got the girl friend for 7 years now. She is great she doesn't mind me spending time on the car as long as I spend some time on her:goodevil:
and the best thing is she does NOT need any body work done:nuts:
s1591632339_46154_1028.jpg