Howdy SoCalers

Vettezuki

For any of you in SoCal, my pals and I at Motorgen.com will be having our monthly meet on January 10. It's a totally open Make/Model kinda thing. Me and BRUTAL64 will be there and you can expect any of the following and beyond.

-Fbodies
-Vettes
-Evos
-WRXs
-DSMs
-TurboBuicks
-Syclones/Typhoons
-Supras
-350z
-G35/37
-Mustangs/Cobras
-Rx7/8

The cruise this time will be a local OC/LA tour, including Whittier Blvd., where so much old time street racing went down. I also found and awesome stretch of road to include. See here for the basic route. Even if you can't make it out and you live in SoCal, check out the segment between C&D, when you get a chance.

The meeting is at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. The address is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

Generally we have been having this meet at 7:30 and then have been doing cruises afterward, but we're going to switch it up this month. We are planning to meet at the parking lot across the street from Nick's at 4:00 p.m. and then go on a cruise for a couple hours. We are then planning on ending up back at Nick's between 6 and 6:30 where we will have the meet and eat dinner.

The official meet will start at 6:30 this month. The food at Nick's is pretty good and we can just hang out there until everyone feels like leaving.

Also, for anyone interested we are doing a dyno day before our next meet on February 21st. The details for that meet are here. If anyone wants to dyno, I am requiring that you sign up here in advance. You must be a registered user to sign up. Sorry to put everyone through the extra hassle, but it's the easiest way to keep track of things. Thanks for all your continued support with everything. I'll see you all out there :bigthumbsup:

Last edited:
Whittier Blvd. I wonder if Arby's and Bob's Big Boy is still there serving Cherry Coke? I remember taking a 1912 Model T speedster there one night, and being pulled over because the tail light "blew out." Had to relite it and then drive home. :rofl: At least I had enough acetalyne in the "Prestolite" tank to run the headlights all the way home.:bounce:

Whittier Blvd. I wonder if Arby's and Bob's Big Boy is still there serving Cherry Coke? I remember taking a 1912 Model T speedster there one night, and being pulled over because the tail light "blew out." Had to relite it and then drive home. :rofl: At least I had enough acetalyne in the "Prestolite" tank to run the headlights all the way home.:bounce:

No, Bob's Big Boy is not there.:bounce:

Yeah it can be a real bitch sometimes.....Those old Ts got no cupholders for a water bottle, and you don't want to carry a canvas water bag on a Speedster model (ruins the racy lines, doncha know!). Truly a case of running out of blinker fluid!:D

You got a Rocky Mountain axle on that bug, you dam scorcher you?

(& anybody here remember 'Carbide Cannons'?)

Last edited:

Yeah it can be a real bitch sometimes.....Those old Ts got no cupholders for a water bottle, and you don't want to carry a canvas water bag on a Speedster model (ruins the racy lines, doncha know!). Truly a case of running out of blinker fluid!:D

You got a Rocky Mountain axle on that bug, you dam scorcher you?
My touring has Rocky Mountain brakes and a Ruxstell axle
(& anybody here remember 'Carbide Cannons'?)

I had one. Remember "Bangzite.":lol: