Distribution block

zz71s

Does anyone know where I can get a distribution block that I can run dual eletric cooling fans on.

The main power wire to the relay goes to the alt output stud, directly, and through a~2" fuse link the relay +coil goes to a switched hot, the other side of the coil is the computer in my case, or any grounding temp switch....

that way the rest of the car electrical system is not involved with the fans what so ever.....the battery retains full charging capabilities, and the harness is not involved in extra drains.....

you can do the same thing almost, if you run a heavier wire to the horn relay on the driver's fender tie point....but what's the point???

:huh::bump:

you can do the same thing almost, if you run a heavier wire to the horn relay on the driver's fender tie point....but what's the point???

Hey Gene, actually this is the better way to do it. Not a good practice to put a noisy load in the feedback loop of the alt control circuit. Didn't you learn anything from Baskin.....:rofl::stirpot::lol:

The reason I am asking is I want to clean up the fan wiring Write know the fans are running off the alt stud threw two fuse holders and relays and a temp switch.

It looks like there are 4 spots to power eletric cooling fans battery,horn relay,starter stud and alt stud which is the best.

How about adding another fuse block under the hood just for these extra's,i have been thinking about that as a project because with my ign box and dual electric fans i am all out of power sources,i hate to keep adding to the alt or the starter stud.

Hey Gene, actually this is the better way to do it. Not a good practice to put a noisy load in the feedback loop of the alt control circuit. Didn't you learn anything from Baskin.....:rofl::stirpot::lol:

OMG:hissyfit:

I have been thinking about running one wire from pos alt stud to a distribution block to run the fans and pos alt wire and any other thing you might want to run.

I have been thinking about running one wire from pos alt stud to a distribution block to run the fans and pos alt wire and any other thing you might want to run.

That is all the horn relay tie point does, really.....my system of the really heavy loads coming directly off the alt stud and close ground, just keeps the loads from the horn relay wire to the alt stud....the system is free to keep up the same voltage levels as sensed by the red terminal on the regulator...and the switched terminal off the ign sw....the main system is unaffected....there is no voltage drops from surges, or they are minimized.....

I will concede to running a audio preamp/signal source off the battery directly OR off the starter bat. stud, same thing really.....because those signal sources are very sensitive to alt. whine... that 700 max MV I can see on the scope can upset cheep Jap tronics....I have found that running any heavy load off the battery direct just puts the 14.7 volts that you should see at the battery down to some lower level, thereby the battery is not getting a full charge, and the system never knows it....too much voltage drop through the fuse link, assuming it don't blow from the drain.....

Bird's comical comment about Baskin goes back a long time now....2-3? years it's about a fan speed controller he built that could not take a 700mv max line ripple without blowing up.....:tomato::D