Best TV/Phone/Broadband deals?

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I am a Verizon Fios Customer and feel that I am paying too much for a "discounted bundle" package for TV, Telephone and Broadband access. What services do you use, are you happy with them and what do you think is the best deal out there? I am sure that geographic location will have something to do with what is available in different areas.

Has anyone used the "Magic Jack"?

What about Satellite TV?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I had lots of time with Sat TV when I was living in the RV full time. Works good, lots of channels to pick from, but is not worth crap when there's any kind of rain or heavy snow. Knocks it right out. Same with the Sat Broadband. And the further north you are, the worse it gets. Both the sat's have to have a clear shot at the south- no trees.

I've got Time warner at home now for all 3. Seems to work fine.

Best deals around here is with DirectTV, and ATT&T for cell and Bellsouth for phone. We got a package for all three together. Don't know if something like that is still available.
Majik Jack is getting popular around here, but apparently they recommend no faxes, which is the only reason we still have our land line.

If you upgrade you satellite dish to a larger size 3' oval, it makes a huge difference.
Was watching tv thru Hurricane Wilma with 130mph winds. Only lose a signal for a couple of minutes, a couple of times a year, in the worst of thunder storms. And by that I mean up to 8" of rain in an afternoon.

I've had Direct TV and it was pretty good. You don't lose a signal every time it rains regardless of what the cable company tells you. We've had two feet of snow and never lost a signal. It's all about the dish you pick. It is more reliable than my mom's cable.

I have FIOS now. I like it, lots of HD and better audio than either cable and Direct TV.