WTF.....Airport Security

easyasone2three

Yesterday my daughter and I were flying from Ca to Dallas. We had to change planes in Phoenix and were in line to board the plane in Phoenix when I noticed two NTSA cops talking business while looking in our general direction. They waited for several more officers to arrive and as the line was moving toward the jetway the whole group of cops moved in and grabbed the guy in line right next to me and dragged him off to the corner with some force. Needless to say there was quite a bit of commotion as people were gasping and suitcases were tumbling around.

As they were dragging the guy off I saw a 4 inch Buck Knife hanging from his belt in plain sight. How the hell did this guy get through security like that?

I hope that they have somebodys ass at whatever airport he made it through security at. Not a big confidence builder in the airport security system.

Some people in line behind us noticed it hanging from his belt and one of the ladies told the guy working at our boarding gate about it. It was in one of those leather holsters that come with Buck Knives that hang on your belt just above your pocket. It was totally in plain view as he had his shirt tucked in. After what was happening sunk in, I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it myself.

Needless to say, the guy never made it onto the plane.

I'm sure they made him take his shoes off and he was not allowed to carry food or a drink thru security.... LOL....

As you can probably tell: I am not impressed with our wonderful airport "security" .. .. Orlando or example is a very busy intl airport... TSA personell is rude, the whole thing is so unorganized that lines form all the way to McDonalds.... embarrassing if you ask me.... That's what we show intl vistors/ tourists ????

I remember this BS about lighters.... lighters were illegal so I carried matches back in 2005/2006 when I was smoking... never had a problem getting matches thru security..... silly......

I used to work airport/industrial security for a Walk through metal detector company....travelled to nuclear power plants, prisons-max security wards inside with the inmates, airport checkpoints, industrial plants, coin counting centers, the like.....

I can say with fair authority there are only two ways to detect guns/weapons, with any walk through metal detector, which is why the full body X ray machines are now used a lot, and will become universal....

the metal detectors for typical airport/industrial use will not stay stable enough if using RF tuning/balanced circuits as outside EMI is too great, the units will false alarm something fierce, and if desensitized enough would not pick up the FAA standard of the times.....a 4" long 1/2 inch long steel rod....
simulating a gun barrel or frame or slide....if taken apart....

now there is yet another way these things work....that is the pulse field method....differant metals have wildly differant signatures when subjected to pulse field magnetics.....turn on a magnetic coil with DC .....hit the transmit, energise the coil, ramp the current up to your required/legal limit, then turn it off, if the coil is 'critically damped' the ring in the counter wound balanced receiver coils is nearly nil......you EE's can imagine this....one coil is 7' long as the transmitter on one side of the archway....the other is the receiver on the other side with two 7' long 8" wide coils, they are faraday shielded and counter wound so the two coils are bucking each other from the pattern of the transmitter, their position being nearly symmetrical in the unit...one side to another....so what happens is when a piece of moving metal passes through the machine, one side sends off a stronger signal, then the other side sends off the same signal in the opposite polarity....

this is used as a additive pulse by electronic signal processing....so your final output through a lo pass filter is about a ten hertz rolloff to catch a tossed weapon.....buddy system...

now there is one achilles heal to this system, of course, and at one point it was a 'national security' issue, so this was .gov and house knowledge .....

ONE of the stainless type series was not visible through pulse field machines.....3 series of stainless are common enough.....300-400-500, I know 400 is super easy to see and so is one of the other types.....but I fortget if it's 300 or 500 that is impossible to see with a pulse field detector....RF can see it fine....but it's too unstable for typical EMI laden installations and airports are certainly THAT......

SO the folks to find that out were, of course...PRISONERS......no one ever thought of it, but certain types of KITCHEN stainless metals were not seen and of course used as weapons in prisons.....nothing to keep a company from making guns from it....but by Federal law or just demands, under wraps to the manufacturers they never used that stainless....

NOW, with all that knowledgte I can assure you that various other metals give off signals that are longer lasting and stronger than steel, but the signature of decay from induced eddy currents are far different, but depending on orientation in the arch, size, composition, they can induce a signature pattern enough to false trigger even our discrimination filtering.....

I can say this, trying to watch a one hz signal on a scope can get blinding....do it enough and you go crazy.....

a normal person takes about 3 seconds to clear the archway, a crook with a buddy can flip a gun through in ONE second....that was the standard.....one second to see the gun/metal......:hunter::hunter::hunter:

SO to the extent they still use 'magnetometers' for airport security, I can make a gun and walk through it with a full loaded .44 and not set it off....

:hi::censored:

Hey, these are now highly qualified federally trained union dues paying government workers.

I have a CLEAR card, so I breeze through.

Anyway I was in Ottawa and got stopped, pulled aside going through security. Patted down, etc.....No problem, that's their job.

The flight was cancelled, so they walked us around security to reschedule our flights. By definition I had to go through security again, about an hour later.

The same guy pulled me aside and started the routine all over again.......I joked I was kinda hoping for the cavity search this time, they have no sense of humor, and BTW, a cavity search is not as fun as it sounds......kidding.

Hey, these are now highly qualified federally trained union dues paying government workers.

Whom are only as good as their POS non-union equipment and training by POS non-union management.:rofl:

(Sorry. Equal time here).:nuts:

Whom are only as good as their POS non-union equipment and training by POS non-union management.:rofl:

Yeh, they maybe college educated idiots, but they certainly got that union behind them for sure...just like the teachers.....

that's ok, it's only OUR tax money.....

My reference was to the big debate that raged about airport security after 9-11.

The biggest sticking point if you remember is that the only way to make them qualified is to unionize them. The democrats were holding out to unionize them because as a union they will contribute to democrats. It was about the money.

So you take the same exact people, make them do the same exact thing, before they were non union and unqualified, now, they are union and supposedly qualified. Go figure.

My reference was to the big debate that raged about airport security after 9-11.

The biggest sticking point if you remember is that the only way to make them qualified is to unionize them. The democrats were holding out to unionize them because as a union they will contribute to democrats. It was about the money.

So you take the same exact people, make them do the same exact thing, before they were non union and unqualified, now, they are union and supposedly qualified. Go figure.

The largest thing was the background checks done by the .gov instead of some rent a cop guard agency.....an old friend is fairly high up in DHS, and so it's not quite as simple as one might think.....

not under the current PC climate anyway....

:rolleyes: