Front fender mishap and repair update..

BlackRat

Well it has been slow progress but I am starting to see some improvement. The glass work is done and the panel has been smoothed with 180 grit using a guide coat. I have some sandable primer on it now to keep it sealed up. It may look like it but there is NO paint under the repair. I figure I will answer this question now before posting it as I was asked the same thing over and over in the same post on the other forum after repeatedly answering it. :cry:

Next step is the PPG DP primer sealer and then a thin layer of evercoat. Block sand, K36 primer surfacer, guide coat sanding and then finally PAINT!!!!!!

damage1.jpg

damage2.jpg

damage3.jpg

rough1.jpg

rough3.jpg

Repair1.jpg

Repair2.jpg

Repair3.jpg

Repair4.jpg

Repair5.jpg

Repair6.jpg

Did you leave any paint under the repair???

sorry man, just couldn't resist....

but it looks far better than anything I could do, which is why I just keep putting the pretty work off.....

:flash::waxer:

but it looks far better than anything I could do, which is why I just keep putting the pretty work off.....

LOL yeah I guess I should have expected it. I felt like I was beating my head against the wall at the old place and got tired of posting over there when knowone seemed to read before they commented.... I guess I shouldn't say no one. There are a few good ones left but they seem to post less and less.

Thanks all for the comments. I hate doing bodywork but am to cheap to pay someone else what it would take to spend the time and attention needed. This was my screw up for not having the neutral safty switch hooked up!!!:bonkers:

Wade

LOL yeah I guess I should have expected it. I felt like I was beating my head against the wall at the old place and got tired of posting over there when knowone seemed to read before they commented.... I guess I shouldn't say no one. There are a few good ones left but they seem to post less and less.

Thanks all for the comments. I hate doing bodywork but am to cheap to pay someone else what it would take to spend the time and attention needed. This was my screw up for not having the neutral safty switch hooked up!!!:bonkers:

Wade

OH SHIT, Wade, really?? I haven't had a neutral safety switch for years in my '72 here and I think it was jumpered out in the previous hotrod too....

in fact, I know it was I changed consoles...got lazy,....

stickshift in gear???

mine have been automatics....

:goodnight:

OH SHIT, Wade, really?? I haven't had a neutral safety switch for years in my '72 here and I think it was jumpered out in the previous hotrod too....

stickshift in gear???

Yep!!! I went from a auto to a 4speed then to a 5 speed and just got lazy on the NS switch. Several months ago i replaced the radiator hose 3 days after my first ever cruise in\car show. I was on top of the world after 8 years of work!!! 3 days after the show I was installing the hose and reached in the car to crank it and check the hose for leaks. Fired right up and unfortuantely I had it in gear. The car lunged forward and fortunately I was able to turn it into the side of the garage door opening instead of it going straight which would have totaled it. I did sprain my wrist and forearm when the car hit and snapped the steering wheel around with my hand in between the spokes.

I am just thankful my kids were not out in the garage.....

The NS switch has been purchased now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade

stickshift in gear???

Yep!!! I went from a auto to a 4speed then to a 5 speed and just got lazy on the NS switch. Several months ago i replaced the radiator hose 3 days after my first ever cruise in\car show. I was on top of the world after 8 years of work!!! 3 days after the show I was installing the hose and reached in the car to crank it and check the hose for leaks. Fired right up and unfortuantely I had it in gear. The car lunged forward and fortunately I was able to turn it into the side of the garage door opening instead of it going straight which would have totaled it. I did sprain my wrist and forearm when the car hit and snapped the steering wheel around with my hand in between the spokes.

Wade

AHHH, shit, that is what happens every damn time I have a 1/2 way decent looking ride....lasts 6 months at the longest, and this last hit wasn't a month, sauer grapes anyway.....

:rain::flash:

stickshift in gear???

Wade

I did that in HS to my 2 week old pick up. Felt pretty stupid then. We all make mistakes and learn from them. Some just cost more $$ than others.