Corvette/Cobras at Gillspie Field..

crazyhorse

One of our Cobra guys is Pro photog and set this up.(few months back)...another brought Steve McQueens Stearman that he now owns...

CorvetteCobraWarbirdZ.jpg

CorvetteCobraWrbird50.jpg

CorvetteCobraWarbird.jpg

CorvetteCobraWarbird012.jpg

CorvetteCobraWarbird023.jpg

CorvetteCobraWarbird038.jpg

CorvetteCobraWarbird041.jpg

[ame=http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/richwoods/Car%20Show/?action=view&current=CorvetteCobraWarbird003.flv]
th_CorvetteCobraWarbird003.jpg
[/ame]

Afterwards,we made a bansai run to the mountains for lunch...:censored:

Edit: OOPS...just realized I posted this before...dang CRS again...!!

Last edited:
Do you have that pic without "proof" ?? it'd make a nice desktop background.

fighter jocks have all the fun, next life I"m coming back for a turn at that....

:1st:

fighter jocks have all the fun, next life I"m coming back for a turn at that....

One of my biggest regrets is some of the decisions I made in HS and after, which destroyed my chances at being a fighter jock. It's one of those what-ifs I'll always have. :crutches:

Nice pics,, love the Stearman

41 Stearman, Grandpa bought one at a surplus sale after the war, I think for $250. He and his brother learn to fly it on the family farm. The fun didn't last long, Grandpa flipped it when it got caught on a wire fence during a landing.. still have his log book.

Do you have that pic without "proof" ?? it'd make a nice desktop background.

I just have a few 8x10 prints..no digitals...but here are copies I took of prints..and one shot I took myself in digital..(last pic)..

Varmits004.jpg

Varmits005.jpg

CorvetteCobraWarbird021.jpg

One of my biggest regrets is some of the decisions I made in HS and after, which destroyed my chances at being a fighter jock. It's one of those what-ifs I'll always have. :crutches:

I did some stupid shit too, but never would have flown anyway, as the backbone is messed up and so i"m 6'5" and too tall ....maybe a C130 something, but that's IT.....I could have been a Federal cop....oh well, no fancy retirement for me.....

:eek:

At my discharge from the Marine Corps in 1966,one of the shipping over options was going to Texas for helo pilot training for 16 weeks...had I done that and passed,they would have commissioned me as a Warrant Officer...I gave it some thought,then passed and my logic was why go back to Nam as a bigger target..?? Faulk that...!!
I barely got my ass out of there as it was...so I went to work for National Steel & Shipbuilding Co (34 years,retired 2002)

I wuz a grunt...

2-31.gif

Bud took this..Tam Ky..RVN....1965....I was 24..SGT E5
Marinejunglebunny.jpg

Last edited:

I did some stupid shit too, but never would have flown anyway, as the backbone is messed up and so i"m 6'5" and too tall ....maybe a C130 something, but that's IT.....I could have been a Federal cop....oh well, no fancy retirement for me.....

:eek:
5'8" 145 lbs when I was 18 with 20-20 vision and great shape physically. Had a score of 82 on the Asvab test and I took it in 30 minutes when others were taking 2 hours. This after being one of the worst students in terms of attendance and work ethic of any kid in high school. :crap:

I know I'm not the only one who was stupid with what he did when he was at that age, but it pisses me off that I let myself do it. :noob: