Time of the year for Thieves

Bullshark

I still remember Xmas eve back in 69. My brother and I went over to a Sears store in a local N. St. Louis Mall to get my dad a present. We drove my 67 BB vert I had bought myself after college graduation a year or so earlier. Must have been gone in 60 seconds. Never forget that feeling.
My buddy who owns the Body shop where I do all my work on my vettes just got back his stripped flat bed wrecker some bastard stole about two weeks ago. They found it parked on the side of the road down south of St. Louis in the Desoto area. Stripped of almost everything short of what it took to drive it to its dumping place.
About three weeks ago, I took my Alero up to the shop to repair a driver door handle I thought it broke because of frozen ice. He quickly pointed out I had been the victim of a thief's ice pick. They got nothing, but I guess they thought I had a Garmin GPS inside due to the empty mount. Here are some pics.

Alero door
1749555d4817ae2.jpg

Wrecker pics
1749555d48d61b3.jpg

1749555d4aec16f.jpg

1749555d4a26549.jpg

1749555d4bd61de.jpg

I'm scheduling my concealed weapon training and getting a license next week. Hope I don't see one of these bastards, cause it will make my day.

Bullshark

Last edited:
F'in thieves. I really feel for your loss of the '67. Something one could never get over. A guy works hard for something and some slinking night crawler that doesn't even get out of bed 'til noon much less have a job steals your ride.
A guy has to be careful nowdays handleing his own situations. The police can't/won't protect us but are real happy to bust us if we try to protect ourselves. A guy protecting himself is a way easier bust and really adds up to padding the police stats. We plead guilty and take the rap, the cop looks like he's been busy. While the thieves put up a stink, plead not guilty, use court appointed lawyers and court time. It's just not worth the hassle to them - let the insurance cover it.

I dropped my wallet at a donut shop two days ago. I relized what happened, and was back in 3 minutes tops. GONE.:sos:
I just hope I bought a hot meal and a room, not crack.:wink:

F'in thieves. I really feel for your loss of the '67. Something one could never get over. A guy works hard for something and some slinking night crawler that doesn't even get out of bed 'til noon much less have a job steals your ride.
A guy has to be careful nowdays handleing his own situations. The police can't/won't protect us but are real happy to bust us if we try to protect ourselves. A guy protecting himself is a way easier bust and really adds up to padding the police stats. We plead guilty and take the rap, the cop looks like he's been busy. While the thieves put up a stink, plead not guilty, use court appointed lawyers and court time. It's just not worth the hassle to them - let the insurance cover it.

Yeh, I know you are correct. That was my emotions talking. With today's technology, there are alot easier ways to out smart those bastards. It's just taking the time and initiative to implement that level of sophistication. With our DD cars it just isn't worth the $$ and effort. And the thief's know that. You have to pay the insurance anyway so it's easier just to use it. On the other hand with our old vettes, they are a little harder to replace. GPS, Cell phone, On board computers with EFI, small cameras hooked up to wideband, etc. there is no doubt I could make it next to impossible. The gun would be for those car jackers. :hunter:

Bullshark

I'm still amazed at the balls it took to knock a whole in the door so they could access the lock lever arm. Must have used a chisel and sledge hammer.

1749555d4a26549.jpg

Bullshark

Yeh, I know you are correct. That was my emotions talking. With today's technology, there are alot easier ways to out smart those bastards. It's just taking the time and initiative to implement that level of sophistication. With our DD cars it just isn't worth the $$ and effort. And the thief's know that. You have to pay the insurance anyway so it's easier just to use it. On the other hand with our old vettes, they are a little harder to replace. GPS, Cell phone, On board computers with EFI, small cameras hooked up to wideband, etc. there is no doubt I could make it next to impossible. The gun would be for those car jackers. :hunter:
Bullshark[/QUOTE]

Bullshark; It's my emotions talking too. I may be correct but that doesn't mean it's right. The thief [and everybody else] knows that what ever happens to him if you catch him he deserves. The sad fact is, he's more likley to call the police on you than you are on him. He's more likely to get sympathy from the police than you. You causing anarchy by taking the law into your own hand. We need a little anarchy to stop the huge amount of unpunished anarchy thats going on today.

I'm still amazed at the balls it took to knock a whole in the door so they could access the lock lever arm. Must have used a chisel and sledge hammer.

Bullshark

What balls??, theres no consequences. Don't give them that credit - your the one that get up in the morning and faces down the world every day. They're just LOOSERS.

So it looks like all you do on the Alero is pop the handle out? Suppose it's the same on all modern cars.

That's making it to easy for them.

So it looks like all you do on the Alero is pop the handle out? Suppose it's the same on all modern cars.

That's making it to easy for them.

Unfortunately yes, There is a bracket that holds the handle assembly in place, but it's way to easy to bend. GM's missed the boat on that one.

Tis the season to be jolly, NOT.....

fucking world going to hell in a handbasket to quote my father from a few decades ago....

My only comment is, that to make any vehicle theft proof, you need be your own ET/wiring expert enough to rewire your car engine/body computer so they can NOT steal it without tearing apart the whole damn thing....the ONLY way they take my '72 here even IF I leave the keys in it....is with a flat bed....

or at least a dolley....

I used a garage door opener receiver board from a old Sears unit, wired it to the ignition switch hot, and then used the relay contacts to power the 5 volt regulator to my stock DPFI computer......

so to start my car, you need to turn on the key, and punch the door opener which keys the well hidden receiver burried in the dash, and THAT allows you to start the car....TimAT seen the system....

WHEN I did the wiring, I deliberately used all the same wire, color and all....to specifically confuse any jumper expert.....and the convoluted way I did it all, the guy has a 50% chance THEN of getting it rong and blasting the computer.....

I did a similar system of interlocking latch relays on another car once, long time ago.....had to have the interior lights lit...didn't matter HOW, just LIT, then turn on the key, but not before, then punch button ONE, way more hidden than button TWO, then you can drive the car, but not untill....

I know, I have too much time on my hands.....but then again, it's still less time than dicking around wit the lousey muvvafuckers doing that crap....

sorry to hear that man, YOU are the guy we should be taking collections for not DB off of over 'there'.....

:crap::shocking:

Couples of years ago they stole my truck jan 2, A brand new Peterbilt.
Police found it about a monts after, at least what was left of it. it was cut up.

Thought you guys SLEPT in it....NO??? tad hard to make off with it THEN...NO??:tomato::ill:

300 freeking GRAND, I just KNOW you were SO happy......

:shocking::hunter::hunter:

We use too hang thieves for stealing a $10 dollar horse,i think we need to return to that type of punishment. Think how much lower our insurance premiums would be,and our tax's to jail these maggot's,yes i'm all for it :skeptic:

We use too hang thieves for stealing a $10 dollar horse,i think we need to return to that type of punishment. Think how much lower our insurance premiums would be,and our tax's to jail these maggot's,yes i'm all for it :skeptic:

I think a .357 handload is cheeper than a rope these daze, considering the costs of the gear and all, besides I need targets....

:hunter:

yeah we sleep in it on the road those cabs are like mini winnebagos but that night it was parked in front of the house, went to lunch with my wife and when we got back it was gone.