If you are into Metal check out Ed To Shred

zZArAZz

Hey I just ran across this guitarist Ed to Shred, he just won the Dean Guitar shred contest. Thought I would share a link to his music.. Let me know what you think? I think hes awesome, cant wait to see what he comes out with in the years to come...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkt75mImIKg[/ame]

He has that Jason Becker sound, check out David Valdez on youtube, you'll like him too.

That's what I always loved about Dimebag, those melodoc riffs and the AHs.

It's Valdes, my bad :)

You certainly play some mean guitar (I suck LOL haven't picked up my axe in years)

tyvm, its never to late to get back into guitar, I have taken 5 years off and come back to it like it was yesterday.. And the electronics they are coming out with these days are so advanced... You can get a 20 dollar USB guitar cord jack and download amazing effects software for free..

Guys got it down. Style reminds me a little of Satriani.

I like your track. When I listened to it, it reminded me of my son. He's into all that electronic type stuff. He's working on his third song and he's playing all the parts except drums and mixing it on his computer.

I picked it back up after 20+ years off...it's been interesting to say the least...I suck! But I've been getting help from my kids...oldest playing classical guitar and electric. Middle boy plays the drums..youngest plays violin, and also started taking classical guitar and now he's into electric.

tyvm, its never to late to get back into guitar, I have taken 5 years off and come back to it like it was yesterday.. And the electronics they are coming out with these days are so advanced... You can get a 20 dollar USB guitar cord jack and download amazing effects software for free..

My son has an RP250 Guitar multi effects pedal. Damn thing is just freekin awesome.

Yes I had one of those too! I recently bought 2 Digitech GN4s so me and a friend can jam together.. It has a recording studio built in on the new ones and you can connect with USB and configure effects onscreen.
Digitech hardware lasts forever.. Does your son have any of his music online?
Here is my current recording set..

Hey I just ran across this guitarist Ed to Shred, he just won the Dean Guitar shred contest. Thought I would share a link to his music.. Let me know what you think? I think hes awesome, cant wait to see what he comes out with in the years to come...
Pffffft - Lead guitarists, dime a dozen :lol:

Show me a good bassist :waxer:

Pffffft - Lead guitarists, dime a dozen :lol:

Show me a good bassist :waxer:

/looks around... I have a bass! :)

Ok. I've wanted a V bass for ages but not really prepared to pay what the Gibsons go for, IF you can find one for sale. Plus, I play 5 string and nobody makes a V bass 5 string.

So, I'm gonna have a go at making one. I made this behemoth a couple of years ago:
voodoo1.jpg

It weighs a ton but has gorgeous tone and unreal sustain. I made it fretted at first but I've since converted it to fretless. It has a trem bridge too...

I made this one last year:
axe02.jpg
axe1.jpg

It's a pig to play but looks the part :lol:

Last edited:
Yes I had one of those too! I recently bought 2 Digitech GN4s so me and a friend can jam together.. It has a recording studio built in on the new ones and you can connect with USB and configure effects onscreen.
Digitech hardware lasts forever.. Does your son have any of his music online?
Here is my current recording set..

NO, i don't think he has any of his music online. I'll ask him later. His HS band played in a classical guitar Xmas concert at Wake Forest University a few weeks ago. I'll have to check to see if that is recorded.

That's a pretty neat lookin studio. Gives me the urge wreck a few songs.....LOL

Wow SV those look so cool! I cant imagine the skill involved, and the time and patience it must take to build a guitar. I am very impressed. :cool:

Wayne....you can make your own bass? Love the axe!
Well, I've only made the two of them. I've always loved the Axe Bass, but they go for $3k and they don't make a 5 string. I found a few pics of the real bass and using known sizes like scale length and bridge width etc, I was able to scale the photo's I downloaded to 1:1. I used Photoshop to tidy it all up and then evetually printed out a plan for the Axe. To make it more authentic looking, I wanted to add the signature (as every genuine one has) and I chanced upon a font for windows that had the four members' signatures!! I had the appropriate one "printed" by a vinyl sign writing place, then put it on the bass before the many coats of clear went on. Once it had all cured, I blocked the clear down so that the signature didn't stand proud. Up close, it looks like it's been signed with a permanent marker pen before the clear went on - just like the real deal :thumbs:

Wow SV those look so cool! I cant imagine the skill involved, and the time and patience it must take to build a guitar. I am very impressed. :cool:
Thanks Max. They took me ages to make, basically only working on them between everything else I had going on. I guess it could be done in a few weeks if I was to work full time on something similar...