coys c5 wheels

I dunno jack about your proposed wheels, but I have 9.5" wide 17 wheels from a C4 in back now....and front...275/50/17 rubber....

MY concern was to keep the same wheel centerline as OEM, and so it's damn close to the stock sway bar and would be to any aftermarket I'm aware of...(VBP).....and obviously the ebrake bracket needs moved , I welded it behind the rotor...some guys say on top is better....I have a VBP plastic 360 spring in back with 8" bolts and stock height....I have the pipes lower than stock on account of the plastic under that diffy....so really don't want too much lower in rear, I have dinged pipes already....

so the wheels will inherently FIT, the question is the calipers, and that is something I guess you have to actually try, same as when I did my install some 15 years ago....

:crutches:

18x9.5 ? Isn't that the stock size for a C5 ?? I think you can fit 18x10 or even 18x11 under the rear C5 fenders, 18x9.5 will likely fit the front with the correct backspacing.

ooops... ok, for your C3 the 18x8 and 18x9.5 are a good choice.

18" is big enough so that the spring is inside the rim and nowhere near the tire, it'll also clear the emergency brake cable bracket most likely. I'm guessing that you can get away with 4.5" backspacing, that way the tire should be about flush with the fender. There are members here who have installed 18" rims, they can provide first hand experience.

ooops... ok, for your C3 the 18x8 and 18x9.5 are a good choice.

18" is big enough so that the spring is inside the rim and nowhere near the tire, it'll also clear the emergency brake cable bracket most likely. I'm guessing that you can get away with 4.5" backspacing, that way the tire should be about flush with the fender. There are members here who have installed 18" rims, they can provide first hand experience.

thanks mybad79

Those coys wheels sure are a good deal, I'm looking for some wheels for my truck and those C-67s and 57s sure are nice.

I bought some Cragar SS Alloy's from them. After Putting the 17" on the car I did not like the way they looked. They took them back minus shipping. Not many people would do that. Good People.:thumbs:

I bought they're c5 in gunmetal for my '65 some years ago, 18x7. I'm satisfied. at the time they didn't show the flat black or I definately would have bought them.
CoysWheelEmail-1.jpg
Corvette06FrEmail.jpg
This is an old pic, nowadays equipped with Hooker side exhaust.

Now I am considering getting the c67's 18x8 but I'm not sure that the 4.75 backspace will clear front and rear. Then I could do this on Friday nights [like the old days.......]
AirVett.jpg
This coupe has old Halibrands [like the c67s] The old pic is getting darker.

Last edited:
I bought they're c5 in gunmetal for my '65 some years ago, 18x7. I'm satisfied. at the time they didn't show the flat black or I definately would have bought them.
CoysWheelEmail-1.jpg
Corvette06FrEmail.jpg

Now I am considering getting the c67's 18x8 but I'm not sure that the 4.75 backspace will clear front and rear. Then I could do this on Friday nights [like the old days.......]
AirVett.jpg

those are the ones i'd like to get in gunmetal :smash:

Just double check on the wheels availability.
There has been a couple of threads on other auto forums about Coys customer service, and a number of vendors have dropped their product line due to issues with order fullfilment or lack of it.

CoysWheelEmail-1.jpg
Corvette06FrEmail.jpg

AirVett.jpg

Those C5's look great on that ride! How does the gunmetal look against all the chrome? Hard to tell in the pic.

Those C5's look great on that ride! How does the gunmetal look against all the chrome? Hard to tell in the pic.

Thanks Smokin, People do like them on that car. The gun metal colour is a darker than shown, pics were taken on a very sunny day.
Frank.

There has been a couple of threads on other auto forums about Coys customer service, and a number of vendors have dropped their product line due to issues with order fullfilment or lack of it.

I recall that when I ordered it seemed like a huge cluster fuck going on. The sons of the owner work the phone. One had good phone manners but you could tell he was used to making excuses. The other sons were very unprofessional inspiring no confidence. My order was slightly unusual because I ordered tires, mounted and balanced on the wheels. The order did come to me ok and as promised. I did get the impression that they could screw up your order.

I recall that when I ordered it seemed like a huge cluster fuck going on. The sons of the owner work the phone. One had good phone manners but you could tell he was used to making excuses. The other sons were very unprofessional inspiring no confidence. My order was slightly unusual because I ordered tires, mounted and balanced on the wheels. The order did come to me ok and as promised. I did get the impression that they could screw up your order.

As much as I like the Coy C5's, this is the exact reason I haven't ordered a set. The only people I've talked to who had NO problems were the ones who ordered very early... like late 2005, early 2006. (they were also a lot cheaper then with FREE shipping!)

I'm still debating. I love the grey-center C5's.

I "borrowed" this picture from another forum...

DSC05743Small.jpg

I am looking at ordering a set of wheels at the moment. The Boss wheels do look good , but they only come in an 18" wheel. The coys are having production problems (or they are selling so many they cant produce them)
Bill it kills me to see that picture of that car…I loved that look, that is the car that made me want to get coys for mine. Now its crashed:hissyfit: do you know if he has fixed it yet????

Meh.....so coys has crappy customer service, rats...that's the last thing i need, more parts hassles.... Year One sucks when it comes to that too.... they sell wheels that they don't even have available yet. Order in Oct, wheels will be available in Feb... WTF?

Bill it kills me to see that picture of that car…I loved that look, that is the car that made me want to get coys for mine. Now its crashed:hissyfit: do you know if he has fixed it yet????

I don't know if he's fixed it yet. It was pretty messed up. It would be a MAJOR be-build.