Silverlake 69

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Roberto,(Silverlake69 at DC), came over today to go thru his car. I did a quick shim/recurve of his dizzy, found some vacuum leaks,adjusted his secondaries, and just looked around. Doug Mariani also came over and lended his expertise. The story leading up to this is what Doug found. Check this out.3494ece67d74b1.jpg

WOW not good at all.... looks like it is time for some new arms...... the other thing is if the arms are that bad what about the rest of the car?

The rear crossmember has issues. The body mounts look okay, and the birdcage/winshield was already done. So was the other T/A. Glad Doug caught it. I was going to check out my tune. :devil:Next time.:thumbs:

Wow, that's ugly.

Some of the aftermarket replacement arms seem to be made from thinner material, be careful when you buy, there are some deals all over the net that are too good to be true.

Van Steel seems to have fitment issues with the offset arms, not sure who posted about the arm not fitting correctly but there was a thread with pictures showing the problem.

Good thing you found it in time :cool:

Good thing you found it in time :cool:

I am glad now he did miss the last Bird Run. I would have felt horrible if his wheel tore off. Maybe we need to do a tech inspection before the next one?

Maybe a "Tech inspect and BBQ gathering" :cool:

Meet somewhere, have ramps, jackstands, charcoal grill and drinks (non alcoholic of course) handy and inspect cars....

Sure would be fun....

That's a scary picture. You would have thought that someone would have noticed that when changing the shocks & brake lines. They don't look that old.

That's a scary picture. You would have thought that someone would have noticed that when changing the shocks & brake lines. They don't look that old.

Your correct. The brakes are new, and it should have been caught then. I forgot to ask who did them.:suicide: