Thanks MYBAD79!!!

Red

Thanks to a GREAT guy, Corvette enthusiast and builder, I will have my 79 back on the street and strip. For those who do not know, while waiting for a pair of heads that never came, I hurt my TH350 transmission bracket racing. Karsten, MYBAD79 had one he had taken out of his 79 in a TKO 5-speed swap. He thinks it was well built professionally by the PO of his car with a 2600 stall converter. He offered it to me at no charge to keep me in action. I accepted and met Karsten for the first time today; after a 45 minute drive he loaded my gift. There is a Santa Claus and he drives a BAD79 blue Corvette. O-Yeah, he also drives a BAD06 blue Corvette drop top.

I am in the middle of a move and will be breaking my computer components down tomorrow. It will be a couple days before I am back online. As I get around to doing the swap in a week or two, I will be posting progress. This was only possible through the generosity of a Vettemod member!

Karsten IS a great guy, whom I hope to meet someday. Kudos buddy.:cool:

Looks like you have seen both ends of the Corvette community. One end is Karsten who gives his time to this forum and (big time) help to those that need it. At the other end, it looks like you have been the victim of a self promoting sleaze-bag.

Lets hope there are more people out there like Karsten.

Hey Mike, it was great to finally meet you after talking online for almost 3years....
I hope the trans is ok after 1 1/2years of storage. I don't expect any trouble, it was fine when I removed it and after a quick fluid change it should be good to go.

Here's two pics of this Saturday's morning:

21494d8b61a88c0.jpg
21494d8b621d613.jpg

I agree Karsten is a great guy,he loaned me some tools to help with my re-paint,he did not have too,but he offered and i accepted :thumbs:
Thanks again Karsten :drink:

He has also helped me a couple of time in shipping items to Thailand, a true patriot.:trumpet:

Yeh, he's ok for a guy who talks with a funny accent.....

:tomato::drink::drink:

:rofl::rofl:

Hey man, we gotta go for a beer sometime....:drink:

Karsten, being such a good guy, you now deserve the username MYBAD_79 :D Want to have it changed? :D :1st:

Hey Mike, it was great to finally meet you after talking online for almost 3years....
I hope the trans is ok after 1 1/2years of storage. I don't expect any trouble, it was fine when I removed it and after a quick fluid change it should be good to go.

Here's two pics of this Saturday's morning:
Hey-I'm back online now... and got a chuckle after looking at the pictures posted. Karsten may have started something with his power garage door opener/tranny hoist. That was the first time I heard of the door being used as a hoist. Maybe this should be posted in the tool section
?:D

21494d8b61a88c0.jpg
21494d8b621d613.jpg

///////////////................../////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\...................\\\\\\\\\