Less tint on taillights

MYBAD79

I tinted my taillights with 2K urethane clear and tint a few weeks ago... got paranoid and tinted my other set of bubble taillights a little less dark... way better IMO.... I guess I can now add a dark set of bubbles to the Christmas thread...:cool:

Here's a pic of both.... this is not even wetsanded, that's straight out of the gun.... not too shabby for a noob I think.... there's some orange skin on the bumper... I'll have to wetsand and buff some more....

21494d8b62e322f.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno if you saw me car some months ago...but to be totally cool a vette has to remove the double roundish tail lights and go something more stealthy,.......this is that attracted my to the car I bought....

:rain:

Fuelie: I use 2K urethane clear with black tint in it. I've used this on several sets of headlights, foglights, side markers. It's as durable as the rest of the front as it's the same paint... check out my threads in the 'modern corvette' section, I posted a few pics of m tinted foglights there...

Fuelie: I use 2K urethane clear with black tint in it. I've used this on several sets of headlights, foglights, side markers. It's as durable as the rest of the front as it's the same paint... check out my threads in the 'modern corvette' section, I posted a few pics of m tinted foglights there...

Okay. Gotta ask. Most all threads about lights have been about getting them BRIGHTER. Why would anyone want to tint them? (JUST asking).:suspicious:

Okay. Gotta ask. Most all threads about lights have been about getting them BRIGHTER. Why would anyone want to tint them? (JUST asking).:suspicious:

I've wetsanded several sets of headlights with 600grit to remove the yellow crud that builds up all the time.... I then sprayed a few coats of tinted clear covered by clear... headlights looked a lot better and were brighter....

Taillights: well... it's just looks..... in a perfect world I'd have them black but then bright red once the light is turned on..... personal preference of a lens sprayer I guess.... :lol:

personal experience: if you tint them too dark you get a ticket...

These bubble taillights are not DOT approved as far as i know so I'll be in deep shit anyways if somebody rear ends me... doubtful with the shitty breaks on the C3... :lol: