where's a good site to get some info...

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
on block and head casting numbers?
i just picked up a 454 and two sets of heads today for a stupid good price. i'd like to know what i have to trade or sell or what-not.

thanks. i've been to the mortec site before but couldn't remember the name.
looks like what i've stumbled upon was a '75 block (dated 1.18.75). then the two pair of heads, one set is a 336781 (1.9.73) that looks to still have iron intake seats. the other set is 14092360 but no date code. mortec says 86-90 so nothing special there.
i don't suppose either set of heads are really special but i figure i might get something out of the '73 set from some NCRS type.
thoughts?

Have you been getting my e-mails about the parts?

yes. i still have to palletize them. some schmuck came by in the middle of the night and took all (that means both) of the salvageable pallets i had. if your in a hurry, i'll make one up. if not, don't worry, that stuff is yours.

thanks. i've been to the mortec site before but couldn't remember the name.
looks like what i've stumbled upon was a '75 block (dated 1.18.75). then the two pair of heads, one set is a 336781 (1.9.73) that looks to still have iron intake seats. the other set is 14092360 but no date code. mortec says 86-90 so nothing special there.
i don't suppose either set of heads are really special but i figure i might get something out of the '73 set from some NCRS type.
thoughts?

336781-454/73-76,pass,chevelle,vette.oval port
and 73-85,truck

14092360-454/85-90,truck,oval port.

whats the code on the block i can look it up too,i have several books to look up most any part. for chevy that is.

kwplot, thanks, i have it. it's a '75 454 (dated 1.18.75), casting #361959. mortec says it's nothing special and i'm not doubting that but it's a 2 bolt main and has cast "Hi Per" in the rear bulkhead. don't know what to make of that.

I found no special comments on that block,not sure why it says high performance,unless maybe it came out of a chevelle or something like that.