C4 Spindle Hardware

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
Two questions if I may:

I got this C4 rear spindle picture from Ebay. Anybody know what the object under the main spindle nut is? If you do, would you have a part number?

Also, we had a recent discussion about the metal straps that hold the u-joint caps on. Anybody make some nice billet ones?

C4Spindle.jpg

the cap goes on the end of that big nut and the front side has the cotter pin locating holes on it. The way that it's made like a 12 point and with the multitude of cotter pin locations on the other side it gives you a whole bunch of possible cotter pin arrangements and as such gives you a finer wheel bearing adjustment. GM uses those on camaros from 1990 or so and on vettes since?? dunno :) those have been standard equipment on mopars for ages. It's called a spindle nut retainer, they should be fairly easy to get.

When you look at the picture I posted, are there 3 separate parts? The nut, the retainer and some type of large washer?

That's kinda what threw me with the retainer, it looks like there is a flange on it but, now that I see your pic, it looks like some kind of washer.

Found a complette hardware kit for a C4 hub, Corvette Central SKU 584020 $10.45 ea

OR

DORMAN Part # 05101 {AutoGrade - Spindle-Tite!}
Category: Spindle Lock Nut Kit

250.jpg