So what should the new president do?

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
I, for one, think instead of just "giving" money away, a jobs typr program would reap double the rewards. New Deal efforts like the Hoover Dam project gave men work, and had a viable payback.
It seems that investing in our infrastructure would improve employment, and a reverse tricke down effect would stimulate the economy from the bottom up. It needs to be done anyhow. Thoughts?

Like a doctor, with the hypocritical oath....FIRST, do no harm.....

so reduce taxes, and cancel all the damn lawyers involvement into how we wipe our asses.....

all this green weenie shit is killing our jobs, all that constant lawyering up about ever frucking yellow tailed snail darter thereby putting off PRODUCTIVE jobs forever so lawyers can get rich quick off OUR final costs for anything, that situation needs END, NOW....not yesterday.....

all this 'free' lower class housing at far discounted rates to support people of dubious income levels, and worse habits....like drugs....while they act stupid and miss even the give away payment schedules.....while the rest of us pick up the tab on account of the banks being forced into that crappy shituation via CRA under Carter yet, and much less Clinton reinforcing it....so the banks instead of shouting from the rooftops and going public with addy's as to WHY it did not work out....they ran and ran and ran themselved into a hole trying to duck the issues.....NONE dared take it on because the very first card played was the RACE CARD, that trumps ALL other cards in the deck....
first shot outta the bag was Jesse and Al, and Acorn.....

so the .gov is now in the business of one way or another taking over the banking/mortgage loan industry by printing money...INFLATION.....

meanwhile somehow this is all really brought to a head super fast, just in time for this election.....by the 'happenstance' of the huge speculative in the crooked 'commodities' markets by offshore 'investors' by specing the oil prices up the stratsophere and we supposed either not go to work for the weaker income levels, or not pay the rent/mortgage.....so TELL ME at George SOROS and company has no hand in this....:bs: LITTLE EVA...him and a few Arabs and it's over rover.....

not paying rent in some slum means you stay for free, mostly as the laws disallow easy eviction....same situation with loan defaults.....so even the working poor slammed with 4x gasoline prices are now slammed with rising food prices due to ethanol requirements, and increased commuting expenses....burbs never being cheep for the sheer transportation costs alone....

which brings me to the inevitable conclusions about our 'educational' shituation in this country.....

Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Wharton, London, and all the Universities SUCK the green weenie on education.....all these so called smart people running around collecting fancy crap salaries out of the society the live, and the collective is EVER so much more stupid than the parts.....

something don't add up.....pardon ME, but it don't.....

:cussing::cussing:

Everyone would like to see lower taxes, but that ain't going to pay for what is happening. The "war" alone is costing unimaginable amount of money.
As for Lawyers, frivolous lawsuits are now the norm. Like health care, they are out of control.

Everyone would like to see lower taxes, but that ain't going to pay for what is happening. The "war" alone is costing unimaginable amount of money.
As for Lawyers, frivolous lawsuits are now the norm. Like health care, they are out of control.

The 'war' is outta control no issue, but so I have never been in favor of anything about this terror war conduct from the git go....totally mis managed...another aspect of our finest university educational system.....
(you can start your car with that comment)......

I could win that war in 6 weeks or less, after all our men come home....

it's SO simple...i'ts pathetic....

:cussing:

I say fix the frivolous lawsuits. That would fix many of the problems going on right now.

OH and while we are at it lets start drug testing anyone getting gov monney. because if I have to pass one to make money to send to the gov the the person the gov gives it to had better be able to pass. Besides maybe it will weed out some of the leaches.

I dunno, I"m SO sick and tired of fighting this drug war :bs: I"m ready to toss the towel and legalize it ALL, and tax it like booze......

Fuck it, we 'lost' that war back during Viet Nam yet.....

40 years of a loosing effort....time to admit the truth....

:bestwishes:

cancel all the damn lawyers involvement into how we wipe our asses.....

Obama is a lawyer

Shit, the whole God damned TOWN is full of lawyers, from K street through G'town out to Potomac Md, out to W. Va. on both sides of the river out past Dulles airport.....clean south to Fredricksburg, and most of southern Maryland....

I spent 53 years in that town.....

:cussing:

I got an old idea....anyone on welfare must accept a "Works/Infrastructure" job. No work, no welfare check. Less than 50% of the working public pay any federal income taxes. This must change. Bill O'reilly said it best. To paraphrase he said "If the gov't raises my taxes any more I'll retire tomorrow. That will put my whole staff on unemployment." When will the Dem's wake up and realize the gov't doesn't create jobs, the wealthy people do. Remove the incentive to work, either by over-taxation or welfare checks, and the economy fails. So simple even DB would understand it.....maybe:bonkers:

I heard today that all the wars in US history combined, in US inflation adjusted dollars, total 7 some trillion dollars. All the bailout commitments the feds have made so far total 8 some trillion.

I recent the fact of anyone who never served open their mouth. Now Spout off, arm shair combat gru!

Rich?? talking to me??

I"m trying to win the war without guys on the ground taking a shot.....

:fishing:

I, for one, think instead of just "giving" money away, a jobs typr program would reap double the rewards. New Deal efforts like the Hoover Dam project gave men work, and had a viable payback.
It seems that investing in our infrastructure would improve employment, and a reverse tricke down effect would stimulate the economy from the bottom up. It needs to be done anyhow. Thoughts?

Now thats a good idea:thumbs: Ronald Reagan did something like that that when he took office.It was called the "Cedar Program" if i'm not mistaken

Now thats a good idea:thumbs: Ronald Reagan did something like that that when he took office.It was called the "Cedar Program" if i'm not mistaken

Yep. I liked Ronnie. 100 times more eloquent than W.