Ralphie

BRUTAL64

Neanderthal
As some of you know Ralphie is my cat. He has been traveling in my Vette everywhere I go for almost 14 years. Well, he got real sick last weekend (he has never been sick). He kept pukeing up his food and water. Could not keep anything down.
So, usually I take him to the Humane Socity Vet, but they do not have X-Ray- I go to a NEW Vet (6 women vets) recommended by some friends . Nice people.

Well 400+ dollars later (most of that is for tests) we go home and he is better. Almost his old self in a few hours.

So, last night the Vet calls me back and tells me his blood test have come back and he has 3 major organs with MAJOR problems. They want to do more tests --bottom line they want $600 more for tests.

Ralphie has been my Best friend thur all the shit in my life. I am not sure what to do here. Anyone have any ideas. I really don't have another $600 to do these tests. BUT, I need to do something for him.

I am not sure what you guys could tell me, but anyone been thru anything simular with their animals and what you did to help your pet.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Similar situation with my Blue-front amazon parrot, I've had her since '82, she broke her leg a few years ago. Cost me $2,000 to fix her up. I really didn't have the money, but I scraped it together. Gave up some outside meals and Corvette toys for a while. I was faced with the same decision you have. Too many good times to put her down. Money will come around. Maybe a Veterinary school nearby had help out with the costs. Find a way. G/L

I have always run a cat house for years, decades, really, through marriages, divorces, g/friends, moves and thought I was free of all pets for some time....

along comes wife #3, Linda, who is of course a pet lover, dawgs, cats, so we got a cat some years ago....named PO, PO was a calico kitty about 6 months old when we got her from a friend of Linda's.....very first cat that like to LICK on me or Linda, for her or me....

we go to bed and that cat would go after Linda's neck face, my arms, hands and that little sandpaper tongue was super busy....funny as hell, never had a animal of any kind do that before....

so this cat got poisoned in the China cat food deal some almost 3? years ago...

had to put her down....got a sneezix, went to the vet for meds, gave her the meds, car fine for a day or two, then wend down almost immediately....

so later on, wife spots two kittens at the vet with the Chiwawa, and so talks my long face into picking up these two 'free' kittens....

350 bux later we have two 'free' kittens all tuned up and oil change....

so these two litter mates are living the life of Riley, and so another kitten is found in a field, after her son accidently wacks him up with a weed eater at just ONE DAY OLD....poor little guy gets nursed back to health but has a missing ear....eyes open some 8-9 days later, and so he's off and running...but Dave's schedule is taking him outta the house, so Wacker, or Tiney (from the kids, take your pick) is now in OUR cat house....

they all come from same area of town have all been tuned up and oil change, and doing fine....Wacker is the smallest of the bunch, poor guy had a tough intro....but he is also the most menacing of the bunch mess with HIM and he'll knock the blocks off.....BO the largest cat will just sniff his nose and let him alone....Diddley is the middle weight cat and will growl at him once in a while....

SO, if the worst comes to pass, wait a bit and you WILL find another new friend......or they WILL find YOU....

Furballs have a habit of that, you know.....

:bestwishes:

I agree with the above if you really car about him. After all it is X-mas.

And if you don't succeed, at least you will know you tried to help him the best way you could.

Don't make him suffer to hard. That's the only humane thing you can do in a situation like that.

I know this is a tough time for both, but if it comes to that time, stay with her. Don't let him go alone for I'm sure he was always by your side.

Best of luck,
Danny

There is no right answer to this situation. You just have to do the best you can. Ralphie knows you love him.

I have to agree here Glenn. Your companion knows you better than you think. So does Darlene. I know, she called me.

Thanks guys for support. Here's what I'm going to do:
I'm going to the new Vet and get a copy of the results of the blood test and go to the Humane Socity Vet and have him check Ralphie out and look at the blood test results. I'm taking Thurs thru Tues off work to figure out what's up.

Ralphie is back to his old self and eating good. All this is troubling.

Thanks Again Guys. I won't be on here till Tuesday. No access to a computer till then.:beer:

Ralphie is back to his old self and eating good.

Thanks Again Guys. I won't be on here till Tuesday. No access to a computer till then.:beer:

A 14 year old feline will not have 100% blood work even if healthy. If he feels fine, let it go.

Ralphie is back to his old self and eating good.

A 14 year old feline will not have 100% blood work even if healthy. If he feels fine, let it go.

The second Vet said Ralphie is fine. He said he was great for 14. So, now I'm fine. Everything is good with the world. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for your support.

:bounce::bump::trumpet::loveletter:

Last edited:
Glad to hear it. Ralphie is one cool cat, but so are you. (How's that for a sucking sound)?

Glad your kitty is fine. They can be quite the friend. My cat sits on my chest in the morning to wake me up...that or she smacks me in the face with her paw...:amazed:

Glad your kitty is fine. They can be quite the friend. My cat sits on my chest in the morning to wake me up...that or she smacks me in the face with her paw...:amazed:

OH, you got one of THOSE eh?? Tiney/Wacker is that way, just his ear tip is missing, not the whole ear....that little sucker gets up there next to my head and I"m sneezing with all this surplus fuzz being inhaled....or he crawls on my chest sticks his nose in my eyes like some nitemare or something....

then he finds the Chiwawa under the covers between wife/me, and steps on Dawg who growls and wakes Linda up......

aint' no sleeping in this house....

:loveletter: