i really don't want to like this bird this much

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
mrs. 'dust was a bad girl last week and brought home a new family member:
Sunny.jpg
i was really upset because she knew we didn't need any more pets. this makes bird #7, among various other pets.
but damn it, this is one cute stinking bird. we're still trying to get her hand tame, but she's plenty people tame. i guess she just got to where she's leery of being handled from the pet store but she sure likes interacting with us. when one of us has her out we have a small blanket for her and she'll sneak under it, then peek out. of course, we say, "peekaboo!" and then she ducks back in fore a few seconds, then peeks out again. she likes this game. damn cute bird.
not as noisy as many other conures we've seen either. she kind of chatters but no real squalks yet. of course, two of the other birds we have are macaws so loud is a relative term.

Cool. I have had my blue-front amazon since 1982. Damn parrot will out-live me. We got her when she was about 6 months old. Hand fed. She has out-lived 3 dogs, 2 cats, a broken wing and a broken leg......

not that we're "old" per se, but that is always a concern whenever we think about birds. we rescued two young lovebirds a couple years ago and they can live 25-30 years on average. by that time i better be 'effing' retired. of course, the love birds are no big deal but the two macaws came with mrs 'dust. they're *only* in their 20's so there's still a chance they could outlive either one of us.

HEHE...they could live outside here in FLORIDA, at least in my glass roof atrium....but the cats and them could have a conversation about shit....

I remember as a kid up north some 55? years ago, we had a parrokeet , I can still mimick my Father's 1/2 whistle he did while saying 'pretty bird' to it, when he did that, the bird would nod it's head like crazy wild....

:lol::crutches:

Being in the tropics we have many birds in big cages Love birds 20, bigettes 15 and a big Southeast Asian talking myna bird. Also had a couple of parrots one that escaped and one just like the one in your picture, that my son stepped on recently and killed while running outside.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yH_16qy6Ys&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ONU6p5dh9k&feature=related[/ame]

With all the birds in the yard the wild birds come for a visit so the cars and Harley need to stay covered all the time. BTW our birds name was sunshine to go with the colors.

Last edited: