There's a "SmartCar" in your future!

Sorry, I'm just being a provocateur. Here's what we really need to teach those greenie weenies where the true future should be....

66494715b275339.jpg

I mean is this the definition of cool or what? Talk about purity of function!! I'm going down to the De-Troit agency and order mine on the CitiCard tomorrow!!!! How could I go wrong with this?

At least you won't have to smell the shit from the horses drawing the casket....

I think there are a whole lot of guys going to go postal on them green weenies....

:harhar::trumpet::thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:
Great! if ya'll go postal, we got nothing to worry about! You'll be two weeks late and at the wrong address! Scratchin' yer ass askin' "Which way did he go George?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those Smart car been here in Canada for a few years now,
Little 3 cylinder diesel and it's probably good for big inner city commute but I'd be scared in one of those passing truck at highway speed.
Like bird said, in an accident, youre the first customer for sure.
lately I saw a whole bunch of them on car carriers.
Imported by Mercedes

Hummm some already started to modify them things.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQIizRp9ck[/ame]

I think they better install a roll cage.

Last edited:
You can take all the body panels off a SmartCar and it DOES have a cage. Still going to lose the deal with a Suburban, but just about everything but a full tilt Hummer does anyway.

And after looking at the video, I wonder how long it'll take NHRA to come up with a "SmartCar Pro Mod" class?

Oh god, a Smart.

Let me tell you something about these smarts. They aren't worth a crap. First of all, they actually perform better on the motorway than in the city and they are a death trap. They are built with a very high strength "life cell" design but what it does in a crash is not absorb the energy, instead you bounce around and your internal organs and especially your brain collide inside the body. These secondary collisions are what actually kill you.

There's also an issue with side impacts and people getting ejected from these cars.

I remember it being tested on 5th gear, found it...here's an eye opener. Do you REALLY want to drive in this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s[/ame]

Also, the crank case evac was not up to par, leading to all kinds of carbon deposits issues with the turbo. You can't buy replacement parts for those cars, they are literally throwaway cars. For instance, need a new light bulb for your tacho? You have to buy a whole new tacho unit. Here in NL there's a specialized breakers and parts company who do rebuild, refurbish smart components and sell small items but otherwise you're screwed. I remember the little engine is only expected to last 120.000 km. What kind of life expectancy is that. Many of these engines have lasted for as little as 60.000 km because of the evac issues.

As usual, TT and I agree, no rocket science about a small car and secondary decelerations damages.....

I would love to teach my old '73, 5500 lbs convertible GRANDVILLE, about the length of a modern LIMO.....to dance like a ballerina....

but there simple are not tires in the world to do that with....no shoe fit....

:stirpot::harhar:

Here's a nice vid of a peugeot versus a caddy, now I'm not saying the tough as a tank caddy is a good design, no crash energy absorption at all but it's still unbelievable how flimsy some cars are

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=dqgn01O2fXs[/ame]

I remember some of my dad's old tank caddys....jeebus some of them had to be about 6000 lbs....I don't think he ever had a 500 engine though, just the old reliable 425 type engines....a car very similar to his last one, a '79 Sedan DeVille was the car I pulled a DPFI setup off and used it on my '70 Lemans/GTO convertible....Pontiac 455/thm400/12 volt 321 rear/about 550 ft lbs at idle.....

:lol::lol:

One of the socially progressive mental giants, ie "retard", at my work has one on order here is Los Angeles, Kalifornia/Northern Mexico. He claims it will cost him $18k. WTF? Regular gas is $1.70 and diesel is $2.50 a gallon. What is he saving?
They are selling brand new Ford Focus's here for around $10k. Has to be a much more useful vehicle.