Please help stupit

The tab on the frame has a star shaped serrated hole, the end of the hose goes through it and then a clip slides on to keep it in place. The hard line has a flare nut that threads into the hose end that is secured in the frame tab with a clip.

The tab on the frame has a star shaped serrated hole, the end of the hose goes through it and then a clip slides on to keep it in place. The hard line has a flare nut that threads into the hose end that is secured in the frame tab with a clip.

TT, U R correct but the trick is that the flare nut on the line is not releasing the line and so it twists and collapses with the nut....while the hose is secured in the frame.....what I do is UNsecure the hose...pull the clip, pull the hose lower, and then turn the already loose hose....get the thing off there, and then fight the nut loose from the steel line on the car....

yet another reason I hate hydroscopic Dot3-4 fluids....

:hissyfit::hissyfit::smash:

Yea, if the hard line is pretty rusted and the flare nut won't go, just cut the hose and do it like gene said

Yeh, I have even had to do CARBS like that....unmount the Qjet and bend the line up in the air a tad, then unscrew the carb.....then work the stupid fuel line nut loose on the line......

honestly I only did that a few times.....mostly I would just get pissed and cut the freeking line, and use a piece of fuel line hose.....4 psi wasn't going anywhere, and never had a leaky hose.....

everyone has this fixation over fuel hoses, but in fact they are all over a car....

even on the pressure side...no majic to them.....I have 3/8 Erol's rubber hose with double injection clamps on the supply...hose rated to 250 psi....

:smash::thumbs:

Solved the issue, bought myself new Goodridge SS lines.
I know they are only hoses but what a quality, excellent. Braided with silicon cover. Guaranteed forever

100_0881.jpg

100_0879.jpg

100_0882.jpg

Last edited:
Damit man, wish I knew of them when doing my hoses a few years ago....

what you pay for them??? where you get them???

nice looking stuff there, looks good enough for aircraft....

:drink:

Wow thats almost double what they get for a set of braided lines most places. What make them worth that much more?

Don't know but they look stunning. I wished all aftermarket/upgrade parts where this build quality. Besides 19% tax, and "corvette" on the packaging ;-)

Don't know but they look stunning. I wished all aftermarket/upgrade parts where this build quality. Besides 19% tax, and "corvette" on the packaging ;-)

If it said Porsche' on it, wonder if it would have been cheeper..???

:nuts:

Wow thats almost double what they get for a set of braided lines most places. What make them worth that much more?

Super special Dutch tax, Goodridge is also located in Delft NL, these probably come from them. Xander has 2!!! yes 2!!! hoses from the C5 MC to the distribution block. They are M12x1,5 & M12x1 to the UNF threads on that block. They cost a whopping 100 euros, a good 130$. Goodridge is really expensive, but that's not because of them. Everything is expensive here because it's a niche market. Over yonder everyone and his brother orders car parts, not so here.