Parallel Flow Condenser-Right side up?

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
This is a parallel flow r134 condenser. As shown in the photo below, the smaller diameter fitting is at the top. Is this correct orientation for installation or is it shown upside down?

44944009dc2829.jpg

I don't know directly, but I have an idea that may clue you in. Go to "classic air's" website and download the install instructions for their Corvette system. I bet you'll be able to figure it out from that. The hose routing is going to be the driver of that.

I just had a look at my '85. The larger connection is for the vapor line from the compressor and is above the smaller, liquid connection, going to the evaporator.

Hope this helps...

Funny how I can spend a years' worth of time over the last 16 years under the hood of my '72, and not notice the different line diameters.....

the top one from the comp is larger then the one on the bottom going into the drier then on to the expansion valve......interesting....

the one going to the evap.....is about same as the one on top of the condensor above, but obviously much larger into the POA valve and return line to the compressor....

I knew the GAS lines were larger, well DUH...but never knew any size differential on the pressure side of things.....condenser....

:crap:

I just had a look at my '85. The larger connection is for the vapor line from the compressor and is above the smaller, liquid connection, going to the evaporator.

Hope this helps...

Makes sense, vapor above the liqiuid. Thanks!