Headlight diagram

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
Has anyone got a good clear mechanical diagram of the C3 headlight assemblies and/or their operation? I am thinking of putting together a new electric headlight actuator kit, it will be more user friendly than the "killer" system is if I can manage it.

Best of luck, but Chris is a very inventive fellow, it took him about a year to get that system set up and in production, I visited several times during that process, the achilles heel of that thing is using the F body motors....trouble with all the GM headlight motors of that era was their use of stupid plastic gears but as we know brass ones are common for replacement, but last I heard it was like 80 bux/box to do it....OUCH....:crap:

Do you intend to use a linear actuator?
A friend of mine had a Porshe 924 and I think that both doors were connected by a bar and opened at the same time. It was actuated by one motor.
Altho I'm not quite sure if I saw that on his Porshe or on another car.

Last edited:
I am not sure which way I intend to go yet but a linear actuator is a possibility. I used to be an electro-mechanical tech. in another lifetime so I will lean on those experiences to design my system.