trailing arm mounting point

73c34me

Would like feed back on changing the mounting location for trailing arms. Some have already offered that the factory location is good, that raising them or lowering them too much has a negative effect, such as increased wheel hop while braking.

Ex. would be for a typical street strip car that will likely never be road raced or such. Trying to reduce squat for drag strip launches w/o negatively effecting the car. thanks in advance.(body is off, now would be a good time to perform the relocation)

Raising the front has the same effect as lowering the rear with the exception that you're not changing the half shaft angles and that's a good thing.
Lowering the rear end of the trailing arm is very common in the 4th gen F-body world, especially when the car is lowered.

Since your body is off you have good access right now. Is there any chance you can reinforce that area by welding and drill a second hole above the stock location ?

I do not know what the "perfect" angle is but the arm should point upwards as it will rotate and point downwards under hard acceleration in worst case scenario if you start off parallel to the ground.

i did weld in metal plates in the box area when i did some rust repairs, so the reinforcements are already there. this would simplify the process.

The factory location is good, if you don't slam the car and/or raise the diff. If you raise the diff, I assume you do this not for shits and giggles but because you are slamming the car and want to retain a healthy halfshaft angle, is so, it might be wise to move the pivot point up the same amount as you moved the diff up. This will give you a proper trailing arm IC and wheel travel arch.