Ecklers reunion 2009 - cancelled....

MYBAD79

I was about to start a sticky about us VetteMOD members meeting at the 2009 reunion at Ecklers in Titusville and looked at their website to find the date (it was scheduled for March).... here's the sad news:

Dear Corvette Reunion Attendees,

It is with great disappointment we are announcing that this year's Corvette Reunion is being cancelled. As all of you are aware, historic economic times have affected you, our suppliers, our company and all involved in putting together a first rate show like the Reunion. Rather than have anything less than a top-notch show, we have decided instead to provide you with some great offers from Eckler's and Reunion exhibitors during what would normally be Reunion weekend. We apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause you. Should you have any questions regarding existing deposits, etc., please contact Cozette Alley at 321-385-1113. Thank you for your understanding, support and patronage.

Sincerely,

Michael G. Wilson
R.J. Schmieder
Cozette Alley
& The Entire Eckler's Team

Jeezus, I just order that locking gas cap from the other thread....

great, wonder if they ok enough to ship as promised, now.....

they not supposed to be in from the supplier until the 22nd.....

:crap::censored::fishing:

Well, other than missing the opportunity for a Vettemod local reunion, it's no big deal to me. I've been to two of their gatherings since I moved to Florida, but I wasn't impressed (I stopped going). Car shows don't do anything for me, and the swap meet (the prime reason I drove over there) was pretty sad. There were about three or four guys with used parts (my main interest), and the rest were vendors of new stuff that I could've ordered over the internet and saved my drive time and gas costs.
Right now I'm just looking forward to the (NCRS) swap meet at OldTown in Kissimmee next month. Again, I'll skip the waxer area, but the swap area has a respectable number of used parts vendors there.

Jeezus, I just order that locking gas cap from the other thread....

great, wonder if they ok enough to ship as promised, now.....

they not supposed to be in from the supplier until the 22nd.....

:crap::censored::fishing:

NTW. The "comrades" will come thru.:banghead:

The Southeast guys need to have a gathering like the "Bird Fest" before Christmas. We talked about this in the past, and nothing really took place. I am open to anything before Christmas, possibly something around Daytona or a little further north.

What do you guys think?

The Eckler's Reunion is just one of many places to gather as a group. There are some cool cars at the reunion, but the New Smyrna monthly cruise and the Titusnites cruise every other month are not bad. Of course, there is a mix of cars and not just vettes. The Titusville cruise had been drawing a larger crowd with every event. The last I was there, the cars were lined up nearly reaching down to Burger King. There had to be well over 400 cars. I havn't come across any owners with an attitude. Everyone I have spoken to was more than willing to share information about their car. Karsten's Karmen Gia would get plenty of attention at either of those places as well as his Vette. If you want to get a decent parking place on the main street at either event, plan on being their promptly at 4 PM. Meeting at an open restaurant for a late lunch and cruising in together might work if there is any interest. My problem is Saturday's are race days and if the Summit Series has started I'm going racing. I can't afford to miss the points and want to earn a spot in the 2009 Regional finals. I for one would like to meet some of the vettmod members.

I dunno crap about organizing a car show/event...much less who to contact for a place to gather....

But, I wonder about the Kissemee event coming this winter...Jan??

I can contact a couple guys from near Jax anyway....see if they can go/caravan down....

have to talk to a buddy about this year and his attendance,and the specifics about meeting area.....

so we all would need signs of some sort on our cars....so to meet up and know each other....as a sub group in the hostilities....

no, that's supposed to be FESTivities....

The reunion was awesome because it was a great opportunity for local members to meet and there were plenty of used parts offered. Personally I never cared for the show and the prices - there was enough to see across that huge parking lot....