Blast cabinet ?

js292

Have a question for you guys with blast cabinets, what do you use to vent the cabinet? Right now I run a shop vac hose from the cabinet to a fume hood. Also has anybody upgraded the interior light, mines about useless. If I ever move the cabinet home I will need someway to vent it and control the exhaust dust, my only idea is to hook a shop vac up to it.

I have an external/portable blaster hooked up to it because it has a reclaiming/vacuum system and a filter on the top.

249383e29cab4a.jpg

I have a small Harbor Freight benchtop cabinet. It does not have interior light or exhaust filter whatsoever.... I taped a piece of foam over the exhaust opening and it works pretty good. It leaks at the door and at the opening for the air supply hose. I only use it outside :lol:

I have a small Harbor Freight benchtop cabinet. It does not have interior light or exhaust filter whatsoever.... I taped a piece of foam over the exhaust opening and it works pretty good. It leaks at the door and at the opening for the air supply hose. I only use it outside :lol:

I have a HF one too. I bought a light from Lowes and install it inside with a switch outside the box. My glass came off and I can't get it back on so I will properly scrap it and make a box out of plywood and use the components from the HF box. My box is vented at the back. I use glass beads which really doesn't come out the vent, just the crummy doors

Have a question for you guys with blast cabinets, what do you use to vent the cabinet? Right now I run a shop vac hose from the cabinet to a fume hood. Also has anybody upgraded the interior light, mines about useless. If I ever move the cabinet home I will need someway to vent it and control the exhaust dust, my only idea is to hook a shop vac up to it.

The best way is an industrial dust collector with a bag. It removes the lighter debri that is airborne, and the heavier media settles back into the hopper. It helps keep the media fresh, and helps a TAD with visibility.
As for lights, cut a hole on top, and seal in a Pyrex dish. Then put a nice par 38 lampholder outside shining in.

I have the same one and also did not pay that much. I use a shop vac at the back (duck tape) Put in a under counter flouresent fixture It helps But I think I will install Two sealed can lights and use 75 watt floods.

I have a Scat Blast cabinet that i got from TPI,i use my shop vac it works good but you have to clean the filter a lot and you cannot re claim the lost media,i would like to have on of those vac systems just for the cabinet,maybe someday. As far as lighting it has a fluorescent light bulb inside that runs along the back of the cabinet and no complaints there.

I have a home built one :)

Me too. The key is to make it air-tight so no sand can get out. The only way sand can get out of mine is if I open the hopper, or the lid. Other than that, sand never escapes, and it all gets sucked out by the shop vac. This is one reason I made my own.

image023.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

Clean the shop vac out regularly, as well as the filter.

I have this one:
214938808b2bc21.gif

It was on sale.....

Years ago when I worked for a big company they has very expensive pro models and then a friend of mine had a 200cfm deisel powered rig on his farm.
I really got spoiled with blasting.

I bought that one toofrom HF for 80 bucks on sale.

I curse every time I use it. The abrasive won't slide easily because the hopper is only at 45°. I rigged up a lite in it that isn't much good in daylite. The gun is really cheesy.
But I really can't complain for the money.
BTW, I have plenty of air, 21cfm@125psi.

Christmas came early this year. I was driving down a warehouse street and saw this by a dumpster. Stopped to look at it and the owner asked me if I needed help loading it. Its a 3 ft wide Trinco with top and side feed, foot valve and a separate lite box for the top. Notice the angle of the hopper, about 60°.
Don't know if I'll set it up that way or use my pressure feed blaster in it. I already welded steel swivel casters to it.

Trinco.jpg

Thanks for the ideas guys, this is the one I have;

rh371i.jpg

Although I didn't pay that much for it.

I have the Harbour Freight Version and this is what I use to collect the dust.

31810.gif