Aftermarket Gauges Stock Dash?

agent20x

Has anyone successfully mounted aftermarket gauges in the stock dash? If so how did you do it? I'm looking especially for the speedo and tach portion. I am trying to decide if this is the way I want to go with the interior. I think it would be the easiest anyway.

Over the years I have found the easiest thing to do is fix the stock stuff...I found you have a '75, so it should have the electric tach, not that damn cable driven POS the early ones had, so that issue is solved nicely....

I finally had it with the center cluster, and put in aftermarket units...much simpler....

:gurney:

Cool I took that template from V-twin to the machine shop today. The boss was out of town and the guy said monday he would call me with a quote. If anyone else wants in I am probably going to have them make a couple extra sets. Don't know what the cost is right now.

This is the one I'm talking about.

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124

Not sure I can go California prices, but if a set of them ain't too bad, I want a set...looks like something helpful.....

:beer:

Cool I took that template from V-twin to the machine shop today. The boss was out of town and the guy said monday he would call me with a quote. If anyone else wants in I am probably going to have them make a couple extra sets. Don't know what the cost is right now.

Not sure I can go California prices, but if a set of them ain't too bad, I want a set...looks like something helpful.....

OK when I get a price from the shop monday I will post back here to let you know shipping should be pretty cheap for these things

OK when I get a price from the shop monday I will post back here to let you know shipping should be pretty cheap for these things

Well I got a quote from the shop today, and I was a bit disappointed. It will be about 400 for a set. However, if I can get a group of people that want in I can get 13 sets for 425. That would bring the price down to 33 a set. If I can't get enough people I may just try to fab something up myself.

Also, I was wondering if it would be cool if I pitch the idea to some of the other vette forums out there. Seeing as I did not do the design I don't want to step on anyones toes.

Well I got a quote from the shop today, and I was a bit disappointed. It will be about 400 for a set. However, if I can get a group of people that want in I can get 13 sets for 425. That would bring the price down to 33 a set. If I can't get enough people I may just try to fab something up myself.

Also, I was wondering if it would be cool if I pitch the idea to some of the other vette forums out there. Seeing as I did not do the design I don't want to step on anyones toes.

:crap: I would go 15-20/set, but when added into the gauges price, another 200 bux to switch out what is working now.....I dunno....maybe next winter....

Lemme know, I could always try shopping the price here in Jax....this cheep assed town can make about anything.....I would hope for less than California prices....

:thumbs:

400 for a set of 2 templates?

I'll see if I can hook you up with some CNC punched ones. Probably below 50$ + a little shipping. Anyone who wants a set, let me know, the more people who want one the easier I can arrange it. I only had 1 set made.

400 for a set of 2 templates?

I'll see if I can hook you up with some CNC punched ones. Probably below 50$ + a little shipping. Anyone who wants a set, let me know, the more people who want one the easier I can arrange it. I only had 1 set made.

Well I definitely want in. Let me know when you figure out a price and such

If you downloaded the template, don't forget to delete those 4 holes that air paired together on the top and bottom. You do not n eed them and they will show otherwise.

Don't forget to post the results. Also, check the earlier mentioned thread for clues on how to fabricate those 2 little brackets that you need to hold the bottom of the gauge.

Ok. So, While I am waiting for the machine shop I get to figure out what to do with the center gauge cluster. I am not going to use it for gauges because I got the quad combo gauges from autometer and all my gauges are behind the steering wheel. I have the older style center bezel and the geometry is a little funky, and I dont think I can just drill a piece of metal or whatever material and mount it on top.

Has anyone done something like this before? I was thinking about cutting out the whole center section of the bezel and just using it like a frame.