CTS position.....LT1-L98

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Minor problem of major proportions....maybe,...I can't pull the plug between cyl # 6-8 on pass side, as the a/c crap is in the way....tried, but it's in there HARD....stripped out, not worth tearing engine out over it....

so if I put the CTS for the FI in the hose leading from the rear two outlets under the dizzy, it goes to the heater return on the pump, same as for a L98... is that a valid spot for the computer...???

I have it wired up front in the remote t-stat housing, and although the flow is fine and engine never really runs HOT, I notice a 20f temp differential between what the computer readout says, and the dash gauge which is in the head on the driver's side....

I don't think this 'fault' is a function of any of the intermittant rough idle....
bit maybe running the engine on the rich side of the tables due to it thinks the engine is cooler by 20f.....:stirpot:
:noworry:

Possibly will cause it to run slightly rich or lean until it's fully warmed up, but it won't make it mis out, IMO. Now if you could had a newer ECU like mine...ha ha, you could simply go into the cts program and change the fuel enrichment file.

Possibly will cause it to run slightly rich or lean until it's fully warmed up, but it won't make it mis out, IMO. Now if you could had a newer ECU like mine...ha ha, you could simply go into the cts program and change the fuel enrichment file.

:nuts:

I simply don't care enough to spend several grand or even anything for another unknown computer fuck up I can't cure for what EVER damn programming excuse reason.....not in the works....

not interested in learning all about engine programming so some digital solution can be made to work for essentially an analogue problem....

I didn't have THAT much problem with putting that old late 70s Caddy system on my 455 Pontiac, for christsakes.....largest issue was knowing to fire the injectors directly down stream, I figgered airflow would take care of it....NOT....once that was done, the car ran like a champ....

:bounce: