There goes the doorbuster $0.99 new C6 on eBay...

The page redirects and I saw another page with a single text line zip by, this looks like phishing fraud

Hmm the link works fine for me.

It's not a scam...eBay's been running a promo (still running until next Monday) where they "hide" stuff on the site and first one to find it gets to buy it.

All their hidden treasures are priced 99 cents, and they are buy-it-now, and they are free shipping, and they have the word "Holiday Doorbuster" in the description.

So you set up a filtered search for these keywords, then hit F5 (refresh) until one of these treasures pop up. When they do you race to hit the buy-it-now button before the other guy.

Hundreds of items including: Wii's, Bags, Navigation systems, 65 inch plasma, Vette, etc etc

The catch is, eBay forgot to ban scripts....therefore folks wrote simple programs that automatically search then quickly buy these before any mortal can click it...

therefore it was a botched promo, and many folks are really pissed, but its all good for ebay!

Hmm the link works fine for me.

It's not a scam...eBay's been running a promo (still running until next Monday) where they "hide" stuff on the site and first one to find it gets to buy it.

All their hidden treasures are priced 99 cents, and they are buy-it-now, and they are free shipping, and they have the word "Holiday Doorbuster" in the description.

So you set up a filtered search for these keywords, then hit F5 (refresh) until one of these treasures pop up. When they do you race to hit the buy-it-now button before the other guy.

Hundreds of items including: Wii's, Bags, Navigation systems, 65 inch plasma, Vette, etc etc

The catch is, eBay forgot to ban scripts....therefore folks wrote simple programs that automatically search then quickly buy these before any mortal can click it...

therefore it was a botched promo, and many folks are really pissed, but its all good for ebay!
Cool, thanks for explaining that. Typical though that people would write scripts. Same thing as any online voting poll and if you don't know how to write a script, there's sites where you can pay someone to write a script for you...