Help with Adhesive Removal

gr8vet

Alright, yep I screwed up. Thought I had clear weather stripping adhesive, well, I got the dang yellow crap all over everything, dang it. This is that goooood 3M stuff too, probably take a nuclear device to remove it. By chance is there any type of adhesive remover that won't destroy my new paint?

thanks

tt

In general, first is mineral spirits, then gasoline, then alky haul, then acetone with NO promises, after that, you mainly screwed you can try MEK, but that shit is terminal to damn nearly everything....

:eek:

2K clear is resistant to acetone. I just used brake cleaner (smells like acetone) to remove grease from my newly painted trailing arms. It did show me where I missed a few spots, took the exposed basecoat right off down to the epoxy :crap:

That "Goo Gone" or "Goo Off" (something like that) works great. Not sure how it reacts with the paint, easy to find out.

That "Goo Gone" or "Goo Off" (something like that) works great. Not sure how it reacts with the paint, easy to find out.

I love Goof Off. I Have also used Naptha,(lighter fluid), with good results removing pin striping from clear coat.