Torque Converters?

gkz

I'm going w/2500 RPM stall. Was considering the Holeshot, since I'm doing a TransKit (TH400), but don't know beans about TCI, Hughes, etc. Make me smart; what's your preference and why? Thanks (350SBC 10:1, 272-284 adv dur, 3.73)

Talk to ATI in Baltimore, they can build you a stout converter that'll work on the street, yet perform like an 8" unit at the strip

Talk to ATI in Baltimore, they can build you a stout converter that'll work on the street, yet perform like an 8" unit at the strip

Well say hello DR107

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen...Captain TT in charge....

I knew Jim Beatty back in the daze he owned ATI at a tranny shop off Grubb Road there in Silver Spring Md......

years ago he sold that to Sherman Slye and went with ATI converter shop up the road a ways....been some decades now....last time I saw Sherman...he was about to retire to NC somewhere.....I walked in after 2 marriages, and two kids for the first time in 15? years....and LOUDLY in front of all his customers in the waiting room......PROCLAIMED there HAD to be a extended warranty on that Turbo 400 he built for me.....

He KNEW he knew me, but just sat there dumbfounded.....

then I let him off the hook and said it only been 15 years and some 300 thousand miles.......and reintroduced myself...the whole damn waiting room went up in laughter.....

:devil::devil::lol:

if you know of Sherman and where in hell he is.....I"d love to hear from him or Jim too....but that goes back even further....I serious doubt he remember me....

for that matter he MAY remember a competitor of his....Terri Lea Price....she was all happy running converters around town for one of his competition companies....until her husband died, he was the spark plug....then the operation folded shortly after.....

You happen to know a fellow named Joe Perzan??? that's a OLDE name from Maryland drag racing.....40 years ago+.....

:2nd:

I don't know Joe Perzan.

I have used a Trans Specialties 8" spragless converter when the car was strip-only with good results, but a friend suggested ATI when the car went back on the street:
ATI converter is almost as-quick as the TS piece, with a higher MPH, but not as consistent in my limited time at the track with the ATI unit.