Favorite Corvette that never was.

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Was digging through a pile of books and magazines this afternoon, and ran into an old (1981) copy of Corvette News. There was a segment on styling exercises, and this one drawing caught my eye back in '81. It still looks as gorgeous as it did when it was young. Wish I had the time, money, and especially, talent, to build one that looked like this.

FAV.jpg

It's nice, but too far out there, something a horney Eyetalian outfit may get away with, but not GM....

I like that Make show car....white under/fade yellow/green/blue/black....

tempted to do that on my car.....next life....

:crap:

Was digging through a pile of books and magazines this afternoon, and ran into an old (1981) copy of Corvette News. There was a segment on styling exercises, and this one drawing caught my eye back in '81. It still looks as gorgeous as it did when it was young. Wish I had the time, money, and especially, talent, to build one that looked like this.

FAV.jpg

Looks VERY much like an answer to De Tomoso Pantera.

I think that car was done as a styling exercise when GM was looking at rear engine concepts. This has always been one of my favorite Corvettes (not too far from that concept):

44933efcf38ee9.jpg

I think that car was done as a styling exercise when GM was looking at rear engine concepts. This has always been one of my favorite Corvettes (not too far from that concept):

44933efcf38ee9.jpg

YES, and the wheels on that car look like what appeared on a 78-79 Firebird T/A.......

I would LOVE to ditch my 17x9/5 wheels for set of them in the same size....'92 vette wheels.....

:fishing::thumbs: