shifter console paint?

I used VHT black wrinkle finish on my console/ashtray door (among other pieces),
I just used a couple of very light coats (the heavier the coats, the bigger the wrinkles).
You use a heat source to make it wrinkle but i found that a hair dryer does the job.
Hope this helps,
CHEERS
GAV

Another Question.

How do you paint it so that you keep the high area chrome? Do you paint it and then wipe down the raised areas with thinner?

Use semi-flat black. Spray one coat, wait 5 minu7tes and spray another. After it tacks off use a razor blade or exacto knife to remove the paint off the chrome and lettering.
Mike

I took some 1/8" tape to cover the chrome part. Use SEM products found at most auto paint stores. Lightly sand the top, & clean good with a plastic cleaner that SEM or someone else makes. Put the coats on lightly to get the finish that you want. I also put some clear on mine to give it a bit more protection.

I love that Duplicolor spray bomb line in most parts houses....you have to look but they have a thing called black METALLIC, that is what I use for highlighting areas of my car......that and it's a semi gloss finish...looks a hell of a lot better than just flat/regular black....

:waxer: