My new purchase

Federal007

Well, I promised tat I would post some photos of my new purchase. After nearly 2 months of travel and a week of cleaning, here it is.

DSCN1109-1.jpg

DSCN1108-1.jpg

DSCN1107-1.jpg

DSCN1125.jpg

And the old girl

DSCN1153.jpg

Wow, that is a kick as looking ride.

I like that steering wheel. Been thinking about getting that one for my ride.

Looks great mate. Are you going to keep it LH drive?

Sure am mate, It's got a steroids pack, VBP suspension and Vintage Air. By the time I moved all that, it just wouldn't be worth it. Anyway, kinda like the different view and the unexpected when overtaking :shocking:

She is still running a bit high at the moment but once registration is done, there will be a drop by about an 1 1/2 inch front and rear as I need at least 4 inches clearance above the ground from the lowest point on the car and that's an exhaust flange. If anyone has experience in C5 seats in a C3, can someone PLEASE tell me how to get the bloody things out as I need to replace the belts.

Anyway,thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm rapped in her.

Last edited:
Looks great mate. Are you going to keep it LH drive?

Sure am mate, It's got a steroids pack, VBP suspension and Vintage Air. By the time I moved all that, it just wouldn't be worth it. Anyway, kinda like the different view and the unexpected when overtaking :shocking:

She is still running a bit high at the moment but once registration is done, there will be a drop by about an 1 1/2 inch front and rear as I need at least 4 inches clearance above the ground from the lowest point on the car and that's an exhaust flange. If anyone has experience in C5 seats in a C3, can someone PLEASE tell me how to get the bloody things out as I need to replace the belts.

Anyway,thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm rapped in her.

The C3 seats are just 4 bolts, two in the rear and one up front on each track...maybe some have just one bolt in back, been a while since I used ANY in back I forget.....

:eek:

Remember that car from the beautiful Miami shoreline pics that the prev owner took. You sure bought a sweet car!!

Remember that car from the beautiful Miami shoreline pics that the prev owner took. You sure bought a sweet car!!

The C3 seats are just 4 bolts, two in the rear and one up front on each track...maybe some have just one bolt in back, been a while since I used ANY in back I forget.....:eek:

Thanks again guys, yes those photos are great. I can see the four seat bolts, well, 3 1/2 but be damned is I can get a socket in there. I'm half thinking I need to pull the center console out to get more movement forward to get to the rears. Was hoping to avoid doing that.:crap:

The C3 seats are just 4 bolts, two in the rear and one up front on each track...maybe some have just one bolt in back, been a while since I used ANY in back I forget.....:eek:

Thanks again guys, yes those photos are great. I can see the four seat bolts, well, 3 1/2 but be damned is I can get a socket in there. I'm half thinking I need to pull the center console out to get more movement forward to get to the rears. Was hoping to avoid doing that.:crap:

The C3 seats should have no troubles going forward to get at ALL the bolts no sweat....or back either, they must be rusted in place over the years....maybe have to do some spray oil, or just force on the seat with the lever pulled, of course.....mine get stiff over time too....

:cry:

The C3 seats should have no troubles going forward to get at ALL the bolts no sweat....or back either, they must be rusted in place over the years....maybe have to do some spray oil, or just force on the seat with the lever pulled, of course.....mine get stiff over time too....

:cry:

sorry guys, my bad for not explaining well. The 69 convert has C5 modified seats in it. I just can't slide forward enough to get to the rear bolts cause of the center console and thought there may be some trick to it. Oh well.