Project--Apprentice

The Apprentice

Sprouted from SMYDA's loins
My dad gave me an '81 corvette for my 13th birthday (best gift ever!), we spent all
day removing the interior and trim (man those door handles where a pain). I actually
enjoy the sanding more then the wrenching.

Here's a few pics of my progress. Can't wait till I'm old enough to drive it.

3-30-08-021.jpg

My youngest brother was a big help today with the interior.

3-30-08-031.jpg

This was at the end of the day.

3-30-08-032.jpg

Can't tell from the pics, but it looks like you removed the seats and the carpeting? Did you remove the rear compartment doors yet?

What's your overall plan? Engine, body, then interior?

Can't tell from the pics, but it looks like you removed the seats and the carpeting? Did you remove the rear compartment doors yet?

What's your overall plan? Engine, body, then interior?

Sorry for the slow response I've been busy with homework. :)
My dad had already removed the seats and carpet before he gave me the car.
Yes the rear doors are out of the car.

We plan to pull the engine in the next couple of weeks.
The plan is to do the body first, since it creates the biggest mess, then set it aside,
then we'll do the frame, then engine, interior will probably be the last thing we do.

Sorry for the slow response I've been busy with homework. :)
My dad had already removed the seats and carpet before he gave me the car.
Yes the rear doors are out of the car.

We plan to pull the engine in the next couple of weeks.
The plan is to do the body first, since it creates the biggest mess, then set it aside,
then we'll do the frame, then engine, interior will probably be the last thing we do.

Sounds like the makings of a plan...keep us posted:thumbs:

And...we like pictures:)

'80 - '82 are great years for C3's. Personally, I like them best when they are left stock (when it comes to the body). The two tone ones like you have are especially nice.

Today we removed the engine from my Vette, Dad forgot the load leveler but we we where still able to get it out OK without separating the transmission from the motor. Next we are going to clean the engine bay, then install new body mounts, before working on the alignment of the doors.

4-6-08-01.jpg

4-6-08-02.jpg

Any new pics? I hope you haven't lost interest :huh:

Oh no no no! I haven't lost interest :D. Just the opposite,
I've been hounding my dad for us to get out there. :yahoo:
But other things have come up, chiefly final exams in school.
But I'm hoping to get out there soon and get some work done on it.

The only addition is the removal of the rear bumper assembly.

:thumbs:

Ok, I forgot about school exams. Do well at school now and you won't have to do what I did and go back to school at age 28 to get a final result :bonkers:

Last edited:
Ok, I forgot about school exams. Do well at school now and you won't have to do what I did and go back to school at age 28 to get a final result :bonkers:

"Lot's of people go to school for 8 years."
"Yea, they're called Doctors."
-Danny Boy (I think)

"Lot's of people go to school for 8 years."
"Yea, they're called Doctors."
-Danny Boy (I think)
What I meant was, I left school at 17 halfway through my senior year and joined the RAAF. Years late, I wanted to go further but couldn't without that seniro certificate so I went back to school for a year at age 28 :waxer:

What I meant was, I left school at 17 halfway through my senior year and joined the RAAF. Years late, I wanted to go further but couldn't without that seniro certificate so I went back to school for a year at age 28 :waxer:

I know that wasn't quite your case . . . just couldn't resist the opening.:nuts: