Front Bearing Dust Cap for a C3, Rare Bird!

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
This surprised me. Apparently a C3 dust cap is a special size (2 5/64")! I cant find any locally. NAPA doesn't even list it. Mr. Gasket advertises that they have one but the the size is wrong.

Oh well, at least I could find grease and cotter pins:bonkers:

This surprised me. Apparently a C3 dust cap is a special size (2 5/64")! I cant find any locally. NAPA doesn't even list it. Mr. Gasket advertises that they have one but the the size is wrong.

Oh well, at least I could find grease and cotter pins:bonkers:

Mr Gasket #2486, 2.180"?

The Mr. Gasket one is the wrong size. I don't know why they list it as a C3 item.

I always end up at Paragon or Doc to get this stuff, just amazed that it's different when the bearing that is used on a C3 is the same GM bearing used on millions of cars!

Agreed. I just don't recall going thru this. Been along time though. I may have gotten them from Pattie with new bearings, and never gave it a second thought.:goodevil:

Agreed. I just don't recall going thru this. Been along time though. I may have gotten them from Pattie with new bearings, and never gave it a second thought.:goodevil:

Funny, the shit I never knew....I just bang them home, hell with it....oh well...

someone stole the center piece off my '92 vette rim, so had to get another used one from up the street ten bux.....:( ah, hell with it, got me outta the house, gasoline was evaporating....just setting there....

:crutches:

The most aggravating part of my search was going to to local Autozone. I waited while one counter guy explained to a customer that the press on pulley for a power steering pump is not supposed to be hammered on! They had even hammered on the edge of the pulley and it was ruined.

Another counterman was taking care of a kid who was relaying information to someone on a cell phone. I have no idea what they were trying to buy.

The last counterman was listening to a customer that was pissed because he bought a new water pump and his car still overheated.

The most aggravating part of my search was going to to local Autozone. I waited while one counter guy explained to a customer that the press on pulley for a power steering pump is not supposed to be hammered on! They had even hammered on the edge of the pulley and it was ruined.

Another counterman was taking care of a kid who was relaying information to someone on a cell phone. I have no idea what they were trying to buy.

The last counterman was listening to a customer that was pissed because he bought a new water pump and his car still overheated.

Don't lets not go there, I get only somewhat impatient with parts counter customers, in most any field....

but don't EVEN get in my way checking out of a fucking wally world or a food store.....the number of assholes in this society is just ASS TounDing....

fiddling around about a 2 buck purchase....

been some years but I got behind some bitch paying a check worth 2.50 some odd.....I watched her drag out that checkbook and broke out laughing...about embarrased the hell out of her.....

write a check for 2.50, gotta be kidding me.....

think it was a utility bill from some 50 fucking years ago,....like I found in my folks house....talk about worthless papers,....that's it....

:twitch::crap:

Yea I had the same problem. Napa said they could order them, but I did not have time. braized them beat them and they fit back on.
( luckey)

I stay out of the Autozone if at all possible! That is an all day adventure for a minor parts purchase. I use my local real parts store. I pay a little more, sometimes, but I am out of there and back on the car in a flash. My time spent actually working on the car or doing other things is worth waaaaaaay more than the discount at Autozone!!!!