Hey Everybody

badbirdcage

Hi to all. My name is Rich Merce and I am known as badbirdcage. I have recently finished a 13 year modified restoration project on an early 63 Coupe. Hoping to be an asset to the forum.

Rich:beer:

13 years...there's hope for some of us yet :D Welcome to VM :hi:

Yeh, but I dun gove up on your butt.....:banghead:

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen.....

13 years eh?? I have my '72 for some 15+ years now, and it's been slightly modified too.....got pix of your car?? post away....lost of mods too....

:drink::drink:

13 years eh?? I have my '72 for some 15+ years now, and it's been slightly modified too.....got pix of your car?? post away....lost of mods too....

Lets try these:

Attachments

• sc014c4e7c.jpg
    sc014c4e7c.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01813.JPG
    DSC01813.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 15
  • sc014f8259.jpg
    sc014f8259.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 16
  • sc0151ddfd.jpg
    sc0151ddfd.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 17

Lets try these:

AWRITE!!! man what a project, I not sure I wooda had the ballz to tackle that one, nice work, I need you to help me with MY car.....

I C very similar approach to what I did with your engine there, the TPI makes the thing get good economy and with a O/drive it's great on freeway....did you do the o/drive or not enough freeway work to bother....for a city car I wouldn't feel the need, really....

here in Florida, it was about 4 months and I was into engine build up and overdrive....

Twin Turbo:

No OD yet. Running TH350 with 3.36 rear end gear. Car is going to be a local driver for the main part. My bride and I are planning a complete Route 66 tour year after next. Drive from VA to Chicago, drive to Los Angeles and return through the Northern States.

If this trans fails I will go with an OD trans for replacement. Switching the rear brakes over to discs this weekend. Should have done it when it was all apart. Now it is more labor.

Attachments

• DSC01822.JPG
    DSC01822.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01820.JPG
    DSC01820.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01821.JPG
    DSC01821.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Awesome ride and great color choice :1st:

I hated my TH350 with 3.55 gears, highway driving was painful as I never wanted to go faster than 65 because the engine was reving so high.... listening to my sidepipes at 2800-3000 rpm for more than 10 minutes was getting annoying too....

Awesome ride and great color choice :1st:

I hated my TH350 with 3.55 gears, highway driving was painful as I never wanted to go faster than 65 because the engine was reving so high.... listening to my sidepipes at 2800-3000 rpm for more than 10 minutes was getting annoying too....

Yeh, I remember driving the vette with muncie and 336 gears from Wash Dc to Jax Fl....vacation/house hunting....it was a mess alright, 4000 rpm and getting pushed off the road....did get 24 mpg though....TPI on the L48, which is why I love FI so much....

I took some classic glass packs off my car on account of too loud and that damn RESONANCE in the 1800 rpm region....stock muffs since then....
wish I could have a better sound, but hell with it, at least it's not irritating my ears at most of driving speeds....

:clobbered:

Very nice, what color code is that?

Don't know the color code. It is 1990 Polo Green. It is the same color on my 1997 Eldorado.

There were no green colors on Corvettes in 1963 I have always been a fan of a dark green exterior and a saddle interior. This was what I came up with. The carpets are 1977 Dark Buckskin. Dash pads are 63 Saddle vinyl on 67 pads. Seats are 2002 sport seats and are Oak in color.

Rich :beer:

Hey Rich!
You found the site. Cool. Real nice bunch here and lots of modified cars too. Just the way we like it.

:drink: