Your opinion on this from Keisler?

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
As you may have guessed by now, I am trying to decide which manual transmission is the best choice. Here is another one to add to the mix. I received this from Keisler today.

Dear Fellow Enthusiasts,

We just got back from SEMA in Las Vegas where we debuted some great new products and met a number of you that are professional shops looking to grow your business with Keisler.

Please take a few minutes to check out these exciting new products that continue the trend of Innovation and growth that started the company 17 years ago:

Keisler T45 RS 5 Speed
Keisler Launches the T45 RS - a Low Cost, High Quality Performance 5 Speed Manual Transmission for Just $1295 for classic cars, muscle cars, street rods and late model Mustang is based on an in-house custom built Borg Warner performance manual transmission bringing you everything you want - overdrive, complete custom fit, affordable price.

Nearly $1000 less than a comparable PerfectFit TKO Kit - Unbeatable Value !. The T-45 RS includes all new upgraded carbon fiber synchronizers, bearings, seals and gears (as required), new high strength alloy front casting, and a new super duty input shaft featuring oversize 1-1/8 inch x 26 spline (requires clutch disk change). An all new billet machined PRO shifter with internal spring biasing provides positive and crisp shifts. Powder coating optional. 12 month warranty.

64_-_73_t45rs_1_mustang_transmission_photo_web_sized
Key Selling Points:
- Unbeatable value to install a modern 5-speed overdrive into a muscle car, street rod or truck.
- Up to 33% RPM drop & more than 35% fuel efficiency improvement on highway
- Bolts directly to factory aluminum and SFI racing bell housings
- Excellent for small block and mild big block applications
- Includes $200 pro-shifter as standard equipment
- Superior shift quality through single rail design; comparable to T56

Retail: bare unit $995 - $1495
Complete kits -$1995
Rating: 400 HP / 400 FT-LB
Ratios: 3.37, 1.99, 1.33, 1.0, 0.67

As you may have guessed by now, I am trying to decide which manual transmission is the best choice. Here is another one to add to the mix. I received this from Keisler today.

Dear Fellow Enthusiasts,

We just got back from SEMA in Las Vegas where we debuted some great new products and met a number of you that are professional shops looking to grow your business with Keisler.

Please take a few minutes to check out these exciting new products that continue the trend of Innovation and growth that started the company 17 years ago:

Keisler T45 RS 5 Speed
Keisler Launches the T45 RS - a Low Cost, High Quality Performance 5 Speed Manual Transmission for Just $1295 for classic cars, muscle cars, street rods and late model Mustang is based on an in-house custom built Borg Warner performance manual transmission bringing you everything you want - overdrive, complete custom fit, affordable price.

Nearly $1000 less than a comparable PerfectFit TKO Kit - Unbeatable Value !. The T-45 RS includes all new upgraded carbon fiber synchronizers, bearings, seals and gears (as required), new high strength alloy front casting, and a new super duty input shaft featuring oversize 1-1/8 inch x 26 spline (requires clutch disk change). An all new billet machined PRO shifter with internal spring biasing provides positive and crisp shifts. Powder coating optional. 12 month warranty.

64_-_73_t45rs_1_mustang_transmission_photo_web_sized
Key Selling Points:
- Unbeatable value to install a modern 5-speed overdrive into a muscle car, street rod or truck.
- Up to 33% RPM drop & more than 35% fuel efficiency improvement on highway
- Bolts directly to factory aluminum and SFI racing bell housings
- Excellent for small block and mild big block applications
- Includes $200 pro-shifter as standard equipment
- Superior shift quality through single rail design; comparable to T56

Retail: bare unit $995 - $1495
Complete kits -$1995
Rating: 400 HP / 400 FT-LB
Ratios: 3.37, 1.99, 1.33, 1.0, 0.67

How about C3 Corvettes? Nothing listed. I would be very interested at that price.

Where were they 16 years ago, not like O/Drive was unheard of then....

I would have bought one then and stayed stick shift for my car....even 12 years ago....

oh well.....better late than never....

I think I would have done a 2.7 first gear instead of 3.xx but that's just me....