Engine stand plan

naasaa

Hi there

Seeing earlier post where engine hoists and stands have to be reinforced and added stronger wheels, I consider to fabricate a stand by my self.

Though cutting and welding is not a problem, I would appreciate if someone already did one and a have a plandrawing to share.

BR
Lars

Last edited:
Save yourself the trouble and buy one.

Yeh, largely true, but the China stands are only tripods and the front pivot wheel on mine was a POS, so my welder buddy stuck a stick of tube on it and a wheel from hell......be a while before it goes anywhere....Rolls like a Royce now....

:drink:

Stopped by harbor freight on the way home tonight and saw a 2000# engine stand for $119.00.
It was super heavy duty and would hold a long BB if it were made of lead.
Has steel swivel caster.
Doubt if you could build one for that.

2000.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the inputs.

Like the one from Harbor freight. But I am located in Denmark, and a similar here is far more than the price you see in Florida.

Thanks
Lars

I have a tripod version of that orange cheep stand above I can get some dimensions for you of you like, only one comment, from the pix above, I believe I would want much larger/heavier caster wheels on it....just for safety and rolling ease....do not go cheep there....

:nuts:

Sadly they don't sell those here. I'd buy one right away if they did. Especially because it's geared.

I hear this from my next door neighbor buddy here, his wife is from Philippines and they always comment something about taxes and import/export crap, claiming American corporations won't let locals from Asia sell stuff there, that somehow it's all our fault shit costs so much there, and they always sending stuff made there, sent here, bought, and resent overseas again, it originated in China, bought at saw Wally world or some discount house, packaged, weighed, taken to a outfit called Forex here, and sent to her homeland....
so go figger....this along with various foodstuffs of some variety....

but when the olympics or something else is shown, the Chinese don't seem so bad off, it's not American standard of living, but they don't look to damn badly off like other areas of the world either....plus, they WORK their asses off....they WILL be the #ONE power in the world soon enough....

:crutches:

Those stands and all are all made in India, same for all the harbor freight stuff. Most of that is sold hee also (at about double what it costs in the US), the differences is in the taxes and the scale of the market. In the US every other guy probably has an engine stand. Here only shops and a couple of DIY enthusiasts have them. The car hobby here is nothing compared to what it is over there.

Those stands and all are all made in India, same for all the harbor freight stuff. Most of that is sold hee also (at about double what it costs in the US), the differences is in the taxes and the scale of the market. In the US every other guy probably has an engine stand. Here only shops and a couple of DIY enthusiasts have them. The car hobby here is nothing compared to what it is over there.

I had a feeling it was the case, guess it's the taxes that keep it down....

shame...gotta support them islamics I guess....

but when the olympics or something else is shown, the Chinese don't seem so bad off, it's not American standard of living, but they don't look to damn badly off like other areas of the world either

Actually it is pretty bad over there, I spent a week there this year and they basically have two classes; Rich or Poor. If you're outside of a major westernized city it is very poor living condition and the pollution is very bad. In Chongqing there are two rivers that merge, one is brown and one is green and I ask our guide why? He said the brown river is runoff from the factories and the green was from the mountains.

Sadly they don't sell those here. I'd buy one right away if they did. Especially because it's geared.

If you use the geared side of a S cam and a slack adjuster from a semi truck you can modify it.

I found some pics of a brake parts from a semi truck.

thum_180492db5e810690.jpg

You use one of the shaft and cut it, then you weld it to the inside of the tube. then using the slack adjuster (the parts on the right gold color) you can turn the engine at will.

Hard for me to explain but it's a pretty simple mod to do and not too expensive. All you need is a S cam and a slack adjuster from a semi truck.
Maybe about 40 bucks each new.
I've seen this at a truck dealer and they could turn truck engine.
I"ll get some pics when I get home.

Last edited: