Custom Headlights

SmokeyVette

Adrenaline Junkie
I'm in the process of installing F.I.A. style headlights on my '77. They are the same type that Sadistic has on his C3.

My only problem is that I can't find any backing plates or adjusters, I've tried searching for every possibility of anything associated with headlights and am coming up with nothing.

For those of you with these type lights or those of you who might know of them, what do I need to make my 5 3/4" lights adjustable?

Complete Headlight Kit
For '68-'82 Corvettes.
This kit includes covers, aluminum brackets and bulb backing plates with new adjusters and springs.
$749.00

See, that kit includes the additional stuff. The kit with just the bucket and glass does not.

Cheaper and easier to get is the Eckllers sugar scoops, now maybe they will sell you the trays alone, and you can find a old camaro or two in the junkyard and steal the lo profile GLASS BULBS and hardware like I did, and make your own, reducing the size of that cavernous hole there.....

I been through all this stuff for nearly ten years now, and it's the only decent looking solution I could come up with, without spending many hundreds of bux to do something I wasn't happy with at all....

:surrender::eek::thumbs:

I have all of that, with GLASS bulbs, I'm looking for a decently easy and cheap idea to MOUNT the bulbs so that they are adjustable. That way I can aim them appropriately.

Anyone can just buy a kit, I'm looking for a decently cheap and easy idea.:thumbs:

I have all of that, with GLASS bulbs, I'm looking for a decently easy and cheap idea to MOUNT the bulbs so that they are adjustable. That way I can aim them appropriately.

Anyone can just buy a kit, I'm looking for a decently cheap and easy idea.:thumbs:

I hear you man, JUNKYARD ......

almost no other choice...now in Texas rust should be minimal, but high speed wrecks are common....so you maybe have some fun....

I"m an old junkyard hotrodder for some decades now....go with some tools, and a relaxed attitude to just wander around the U pull it yards and have fun soaking in rays.....

I'm thinking of pulling the headlamp hardware off my uncle's old '71 Skylark Vert that he had restored ten years ago but hasn't driven in five.

By the time he sees the car I should have suitable replacements...:D

I'm thinking of pulling the headlamp hardware off my uncle's old '71 Skylark Vert that he had restored ten years ago but hasn't driven in five.

By the time he sees the car I should have suitable replacements...:D

That is lower than dirt in Texas.....

:D:D:D:friends:

You can buy the adjuster kit from FGregg Racing even if you have everything else and only need the adjuster kit. Give him a call.

Last edited:
Well, I decided to go a different route. I went with Hella lights models 500 and 500FF, they measure out to 6" in diameter and they mount hella simple (insert rimshot here) much like offroad lights.

They are halogens and have flat lenses which made for a completely different look that I wasn't expecting, I have yet to install the sugar scoops but so far I'm really happy with them. I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow as long as no one gives me shit about my daily driver being dirty.

Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen.:thumbs:

Look up Westinghouse 4537 Bulbs.

They fit right into the high beam slot. No modifications.

200,000 candle power. They turn night into day

Look up Westinghouse 4537 Bulbs.

They fit right into the high beam slot. No modifications.

200,000 candle power. They turn night into day

Hello T-guy69, Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen.....

first post I see, sign in and lettuce no about your car/projects.....

:drink: