Cops and gas prices......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Funny thing I have noticed here in Florida anyway....the gas price increases over this summer forced the vast majority of cops off the roads, and so it was outta their budget for running the freeways, speed traps, etc....very few and far between, all the usual haunts were open and free.....been a very nice hiatus from that crap, traffic running 80-90 mph a typical speeds, everyone flying and no problems.....

NOW that gas is back down to the 2 buck region...damnit, saw a cruiser out on the bridge last night...usual spot.....

had a nice trip over earlier to help a Mustang driver buddy with his front suspension....he called the old man here to give him tips on shit....funny I dunno jack about Mustang front ends but had to show him how to bust bolts loose the easy way....and how to beat ball joint out the easy way....

kids gotta learn somehow.....he's about 35.....

:smash::smash:

and NO I did not get ticketed, knock on wood, I know most of the haunts by now....

:twitch:

Well. come to AZ,, they installed over 100 speed camera's on major highways,, thus more tickets and less cops on the streets,,, Phoenix has over 60. 10 MPH over the speed limit is $187.00... I'll give them 2 MPH before the $187.00.

Time for defensive tagging against that automated taxation...

just gotta be a way to hide tags from any camera, something....

I know the covers and other assorted BS are not allowed, so

I wonder about some mechanical flip up type thing.....push button, tag normal in traffic, when on the road, tag flips up to reveal something totally bogus and changeable rather easily, so to toss off any one looking for tag#abc-xyz...and so they see abc-123....instead....

it would have to be fast acting so even if stopped, the tag totally looks normal...as your legit tag would be shown at that point.....

gotta be a way to duck the bastards.....electronic warfare....

same as I advocate radar and even lazer jammers.....tired of basic harassmsment on the highways, tired of worrying over it....tired of speed limits set to stupid lo limits.....

course my reactions are mainly to living in the PC Wash DC area for too damn long...

but that auto ticket crap is over the top...time for offensive/defensive actions....