Dec 7th Bird Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Okay guys,
Dec 7th is the next Bird Run. One day only trip to the mountains and back. We will go to Arrowhead, Big Bear, or Idylwild depending on the weather. It's just a day trip, so no trailer, race gas, or chase truck. Be prepared.(My tranny cooler will be in by then)LOL
We will meet at Angel Stadium parking lot, Katella entrance, 7AM, and leave 7:30 SHARP. Lunch on the hill at a place to be decided.
Corvettes ONLY please. Any generation welcome. Bird

(Mods, please sticky till then)

BTW, so far in attendance;
Beagle1
Easyasone2three
CaScotty
Glen64
Vettezuki
Big Bird
Darrow
Powerglide

I did that run last time I went to LA area with my wife, rented a FLHTC at the Harley dealer in Loma Linda Ca on Hwy 10 and climbed to big Bear Arrowhead ect.
The morning was kind of cloudy but after we climbed a couples of thousand feet we went over the clouds. What a scene.
I dont know what it's like with a car but I'll tell you it's a breathtaking ride on a bike for sure. Scraped the footpegs a bunch of times in the curves.

Yeh, last fall/year ago we went up the Appalachian trail and the Skyline Drive for quite a ways, and looking over the mountain tops, tops of the clouds filling the Shenandoah Valley.....it was a neat site....looked like a cotton factory on overtime.....:bump:

Okay guys,
Dec 7th is the next Bird Run. One day only trip to the mountains and back. We will go to Arrowhead, Big Bear, or Idylwild depending on the weather. It's just a day trip, so no trailer, race gas, or chase truck. Be prepared.(My tranny cooler will be in by then)LOL
We will meet at Angel Stadium parking lot, Katella entrance, 7AM, and leave 7:30 SHARP. Lunch on the hill at a place to be decided.

WHAT! No race fuel :censored: what kind of run's are you putting together out there now :banghead:
Well there goes the neighborhood. :evil:

Okay guys,

WHAT! No race fuel :censored: what kind of run's are you putting together out there now :banghead:

Don't worry, your still "special." It's just for us Kalifornians this time.

Okay guys,

IS that "special" as in "rides the SHORT BUS?" :harhar:

Kevin's going to need a warm-up. I'm setting in Goodyear AZ. Nice and warm here.:trumpet:

Okay guys,

IS that "special" as in "rides the SHORT BUS?" :harhar:

Kevin's going to need a warm-up. I'm setting in Goodyear AZ. Nice and warm here.:trumpet:

You got that right TIM, I have been sitting in a stand all week freezing my ass off,lows in the morning of 13* highs in the upper 30's and that wind :huh2: blowing 20 mph or better :(
But i saw a lot of deer,got a couple down and on their way to the butcher,and Black powder season opens Saturday after Turkey day :D
You gotta love it :noworry:
Hunting season is just not long enough :lol:

See Tim. He's too bust with wiggle season to care about a Bird Run anyhow. His yearly brochitus is next.

highs in the upper 30's and that wind :huh2: blowing 20 mph or better :(

Don,t sound like fun to me. It must have been a long time ago that I left oregon......

See Tim. He's too bust with wiggle season to care about a Bird Run anyhow. His yearly bronchitis is next.

No Bronchitis yet :surrender: but hunting season is not over yet. It is not will i get it,it is when will i get bronchitis and hopefully not as bad as last year :push:
I don't worry about it :noworry: i have gotten it every winter for the last 10-15 years and sometimes in the summer :twitch: i'm just lucky i guess. My DR said i should start smoking then i would have a good reason for getting it all the time.

highs in the upper 30's and that wind :huh2: blowing 20 mph or better :(

Don,t sound like fun to me. It must have been a long time ago that I left oregon......

Now that you have some special Medicine you too can get out there and do it again :thumbs:

Okay you So Cal guys. Sign up, or miss out. It's just a one day cruise. Route to be adjusted for inclement weather.

Beagle1,(Glen), is this run's official navigator. Looks like up to Arrowhead, over to Big Bear, and down to Redlands. Should be a fun day, "if" I get my tranny cooler installed in time.:lol:

Beagle1,(Glen), is this run's official navigator. Looks like up to Arrowhead, over to Big Bear, and down to Redlands. Should be a fun day, "if" I get my tranny cooler installed in time.:lol:

"official navigator"? Anyone following me does so at their own risk. I rarely get lost, even though I don't always know where I am. :nuts:

Latest weather, 57* and chance of showers up the hill.:crap: Should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.