C5 Squeaks

Dirtbuster1

My 04 starts squeaking almost everytime I wash it. It is starting to drive me crazy.:bonkers: Is this a common thing on a C5, and what might be causing it?

No squeaks on my 2001 z06, you need to wash it, then bounch the car on the four fender points, maybe you can sectionalize the area?, could be a shock rubbing against something. another way ,put it on a lift and pull the wheels,, then inspect for rubbed marks on shock , could also be a muffler pipe rubbing,,, well there my .03.

The squeak sounds like it's coming from all 4 corners. After the car is driven a while, it stops squeaking as much. It could be the shocks getting warm. or something else.

I might have found a cure for it. I might go buy a 08 tommorow to replace it. I have got to sleep on it tonight. Someones got to help save GM. The ride on the 08 is much improved.

You mean your going to squeak you way out?

I squeaked my way out of the 04 today. I bought a 08 convertible loaded to the gills. It doesn't squeak and rides alot better. It also has 420HP, but it doesn't feel any stronger than the 04. I will post some pics later.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the new car. The wife didn't like the o4. I might be in trouble with this one. It should provide many years of pleasure.

252492361dee4892.jpg

s w e e t !!! are the neighbors jealous ??? :devil:

didn't know the '08 still comes with these wheels, thought the split spokes were standard.... these look better anyways, don't like the split spoke too much...

Is it brand new ??? Buy these clear headlight and foglight protectors before you take it on the highway... the lenses are very sensitive

It was a GM executives car that I got from the local dealer. The owner had picked it out for himself. The car that they were trying to get for me fell through. It has 6K miles on it. I usually don't like a red do to past bad luck, but it started to grow on me. I really like the wheels.

I've had a few red cars myself and everytime I say I do NOT want red I find a deal on a red car that I can't turn down.... :smash:

I'm glad I got my '06 vert in LeMansBlue although red looks great too..... actually I like all colors except brown.... :tomato:

Your right, the LeMans Blue is a very nice color. The convertable has more of a blind spot in it, but I will get use to it. With the top down it should be fine.